chapter twenty one

"So are you guys like a thrupple?" Lila asked.

Aries, Silas, and I had went over to Rafael and Lila's apartment on my day off. Now that I basically knew everything, there was no use in hiding it. They had told me that Rafael was also a demon, which was rather shocking but at the same time it was not. Rafael was very, very sexual like any other incubus would be. But then that had me questioning everyone in my life that I ever encountered.

Lila knew that Rafael was a demon, but she didn't tell me for obvious reasons. Luckily for her there was no reason they had met-like Lucifer wanting to impregnate her with the antichrist. She was just a normal human being who happened to fuck and fall in love with an incubus. And he happened to love her back.

Rafael had somehow influenced my initial meeting with Aries and Silas. He admitted to it, but I just couldn't hate him for it for some reason. I wanted to but I just couldn't. Jasmine was very much a succubus, and Samael, the Devil, was her father. Silas explained that his father was not Lucifer, although he was his master in a way. It was safe to say that I had a hectic week with a lot of things to digest. I still hadn't fully stomached everything.

"I don't know," I shrugged, chewing on my inner cheek. "Wouldn't that mean that Aries and Silas are fucking each other too?"

"They're not?" She asked. I shook my head. "But you want them to, don't you?"

I looked away sheepishly. "I want them to do whatever they're comfortable with."

"So that's a yes," she said knowingly, letting out a snort.

"Anyways," I smiled brightly, trying to change the subject. "How was Mateo when he woke up?"

"Confused," she said. "But he had no memory of what had happened. Thankfully. We told him that he passed out."

I let out a low slow breath. "Poor, Teo..."

"Yeah..." She murmured. "By the way, if I knew that Samael was Lucifer I would have never let him set foot in my apartment."

"You're telling me," I scoffed. "I would've never guessed that the Devil is my fucking boss who has made several passes at me."

"And I also never would've guessed that you're part angel," she said, observing me. "This is all so fucking odd."

I laughed. "I know. I think I give nephilim a bad name." She just shook her head. She grabbed the bowl of popcorn, turning to leave. "So we're just going to sit around, watch a movie, and eat popcorn? Do normal human things with these demons?"

"Well, what do you expect?" She raised an eyebrow. "Would you rather sit around doing satanic rituals? They're incubi, Nat. They thrive off of sex, but they're basically human."

"Basically human? Sure..."I muttered sarcastically. "They live forever and have freaky demonic powers. I haven't seen any human do that."

"I'm sure you could if you tried."

I thought about it for a moment. Did I have any non-human powers? "Yeah, but I'm not entirely human."

She shrugged. "Let's get back to my boy and your boys."

"My boys?" I snorted. "I'm not dating them, Lila."

"Okay..." She trailed off.

"I'm serious. You can't date two people at the same time. Besides, it's purely sexual."