chapter thirty nine

"Wakey, wakey, Silas!" Aries shouted as soon as we entered the quiet apartment.

My eyes widened immediately, shushing him as I shut the front door behind me. "Leave Silas alone," I told him sternly. He yanked the sweatshirt over his head messily, resembling a little kid as he struggled to get it over his head. I began to take off my jacket, watching him suspiciously as he just stood stationary after safely removing his sweatshirt. He stared at nothing in particular, eyes fixated on the wall and silent. He turned a little to the side and glanced at me before sending me a small smile.

One second he was next to me and the next he wasn't. He literally vanished right before my eyes, but I already knew where he was. I let out a huff, tossing my jacket carelessly on the counter. I rushed over to Silas' room hoping that he wasn't too annoyed. But when I opened his room door and saw Aries laying on Silas' bed while Silas sat up with an annoyed and tired expression, I couldn't help but feel bad. It was still funny though. I bit my inner cheek to try to hold myself, but I still let out a small laugh. Silas' disgruntled look moved toward me, his lips in a thin line as his eyes narrowed.

"Don't pretend to be mad, Si. I know you missed me," Aries cooed, leaning his head back on the pillow and smiling innocently. He looked up and over at Silas in pure adoration.

"Si?" He growled in shock, his eyebrows furrowed. "Get the fuck out of my bed."

"But I love you," Aries frowned. "We never talk about our feelings. Don't you love me too?"

Silas gave him a blank stare. I bit down on my bottom lip trying not to laugh again. But I couldn't help it, the laughter spilled out of my mouth. Both of them turned to me, neither looking amused. But that only caused me to laugh harder.

"This isn't funny," they said simultaneously. They turned to one another in confusion.

"Come on, Aries. Let's get you to bed," I said, trying to hide my smile. I maneuvered closer to him, but he jerked away from me.

"But I don't want want to," he frowned. "Silas, do you love me?"

Silas clenched his jaw tightly. "Aries, get out."

"But do you love me?" He asked again, pouting his bottom lip out and widening his big green eyes. He resembled an adorable puppy, I nearly found myself gushing but I had to focus. I walked over to the bed once more, trying to pull Aries up but he wasn't budging. I groaned, letting go of him in defeat.

"Of course I love you. Now get out."

"Now say it like you mean it," he continued, not even flinching as I tugged on him. I wasn't that weak, but he felt like a sack of bricks. I groaned in frustration.

Silas turned to me. I sent him a sympathetic smile, still trying to pull Aries up. "Go bother, Natalia."

I scoffed, letting go of Aries. "You're really trying to stick him on me? Do you know what it was like having to deal with this giant baby for the past two hours?" I crossed my arms, shifting my weight onto my other foot. "He's sleeping with you tonight."

Silas groaned. "No-"

"Yay!" Aries beamed, cutting of Silas' pleas.

I began to back away with a coy smile. "Goodnight, Silas. Goodnight, Aries."

The door shut behind me before I could even exit. The sudden gust of air caused a shiver to run up my spine and my hair to fly and slap me in the face. I turned around to the door in shock. The door wasn't just shut. The doorknob was missing. I turned back around quickly, sending Silas a glare.