|| The Red String ||

[A/N if you don't know what the red string is, that's okay! I recommend looking it up so you have the full information, but basically it's a string invisible to the eyes of anyone that it isn't tied to, that connects two soulmates. The string is infinite, and the only thing that can cut it is death. More often than not, only the people who have the string can see them, and almost no one is left without a string. However, it does happen every so often.

This story is primarily based on this animation at the top. (Turn on subs if you don't understand the language.) It's a really sweet story and I wanted to write a kiribaku version of it.

 IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS FOR THIS CHAPTER I RECOMMEND WAITING TO WATCH IT-]

><><><><><><><><

|| Bakugou's P.O.V. || First person ||

Time: 12:58 PM

I've never seen that damn red string everyone talked so frequently about.

I remember the day I first found out about it, and how I was so weird. My teacher was talking to the class, explaining the red string to everyone. I had never really cared, and slightly wondered if the teacher was lying, since I had never seen the string.

I raised my hand to speak, before immediately talking, "But ma'am, I don't have the string."

Her eyes were filled with disgust. She looked at me the way no one had ever before. She seemed disappointed, and mad. The other students stared at me like I was a freak. Which I was. 

I wish I had been born with that dumb string. It would have made my life so much easier. 

I wouldn't have to deal with that bullying. I wouldn't have been outcasted by my own family. 

Other than that, though, I lived a pretty normal life. Rather than gossiping about soulmates like all my friends I spent my time writing or taking pictures. I grew to really enjoy taking these pictures, and got to the point where I started posting them online. 

One day, when I came home from school, I saw I had a message. No one really messaged me, since I didn't have many friends, so you see why I was surprised.

I opened the message, and read it. "Hi! I really like your pictures. Are you going to post more?"

I smiled softly, seeing the message had been rather recent, just under half an hour ago. "Oh, thank you. I worked really hard on them, I really appreciate this." I slowly pressed send, not expecting her to reply.

However, within a couple seconds I had another message. 

"oh-"

"OOOOH!"

I smiled as I read the two messages, watching my screen as the three dots continued to move.

"You actually responded hgshshsd!" 

"Sorry- I just love your stuff so much aah!" 

I laughed as I started typing a response, "Me, having fans? Tch- impossible." I clicked send, then continued to type. "My name is Katsuki, what's yours?"

"Eijirou!"

Just like that, I felt like I finally had someone who accepted me. Sure, she didn't know about me not having the string, butI felt like even if I told her she wouldn't care.

We got along really well, and had been talking for a long while. She made me laugh on a daily basis, and my "friends" had started growing concerned with how much I had been smiling recently.