10.

"Random Fandoms. This is Annie."

"Hey A. I kinda need a favor."

"What happened? Are you okay? You never call this early."

"I'm okay, but can you cover my shift today? I have plans." I look over at a grinning Jake, who's just out of earshot.

"What type of plans? Oh my... ARE YOU GOING ON A DATE?" Annie screamed at me through the small cell phone.

"Kinda. I'm going with a guy on the soccer team to the new ice cream parlor. Nobody would go with him."

"I wanna talk to this boy. He better not mess with my little sister."

"I'm not your little sister." I motioned Jake over. "Here. She wants to talk to you."

He grabbed the phone and immediately started answering Annie's questions. "I'm Jake. Yes I'm on the soccer team. I play defender. No, I don't have a girlfriend. She is kinda cute. Ice cream, yeah. It's called 'the cube' as in ice cube. Right by our school. I'm driving us there. Wherever we decide to drop her off. That works for me. 5:45, and no later. Got it. Okay. Bye." He handed the phone back to me.

I put it in my purse, and we headed to Jake's car. It was a nice car, but I don't know anything about cars. It was bright red, with a convertible top and bright, shiny paint.

"Can we stop by my place really fast? I have to grab a coupon I got. Unlimited toppings for only 2.99!" Jake pouted at me.

"Oh no! Not the irresistible pouty face! My only weakness." I muttered sarcastically.

"You know, I liked you better when you were shy and didn't talk."

"Whatever. Let's just go. I'm hungry."

We got to his house, a quaint two-story with pale brown paint and white trim. Nice and welcoming, and not too big.

"Wait here. I will be less than 2 minutes."

"I'm timing you." I put the timer on my phone for 2 minutes, and he was off.

At one minute, 45 seconds, Jake sped through the door, nearly falling. He got the door locked, and raced to the car.

"One minute, 57 seconds. You're pretty slow."

"Shut up."

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=
I am sooooo sorry! I had put a reminder on to update, but I turned off my electronics for a little while, which was when it went off. I hope this partially makes up for it. It probably doesn't though. Sorry! The next chapter is kinda long, though. Please don't hate me! By the way, I now have an email account just for social media stuff! You can send me any comments(or presents(;) there or here. It is:

runucleverboi@gmail.com