Chapter 12

I sat there frozen, sort of like in a trance. Looking forward but not staring at something in particular.

I had given my statement to the police and they declared that I had acted upon self defense. That's all I had talked since the incident.

Calum was with me the whole time and arrived a couple minutes after I told him to come at the warehouse.

He found me immobile next to the body, my hands covered in blood. I didn't dare look him in the eyes. He didn't ask me any questions, although I was pretty sure that if he had asked what had happened than I wouldn't have answered anyways.

At first, he was shocked but I was impressed by how well he quickly reacted. Calum called the police and that's how we ended up here.

Since I gave my statement, Calum has been trying to communicate with me but it's like my body isn't responding. Every time I want to speak up, it's like I've forgotten how to speak. I don't even make the attempt to acknowledge him.

He reaches for my hand and I slowly look down at his hand. "Blue lets go, I'll take you so you can rest at my place," Calum said as he guided me to the car. I followed suit and moved with what little energy I had left.

When we got to his place I felt disoriented. Calum wasn't staying at the hotel, he was staying at a house. The house was for him and the rest of the guys, it had two floors and resembled a bachelor pad. Calum took me to the second floor, where he guided me to a room, which I assumed was his.

The room was sort of decent besides from the clothes laid out on the floor. I scanned the area and saw there were band posters that covered the walls. His voice drifted me away from my thoughts. "Here, you can sleep on my bed" he said as he pulled off the covers . I gently got under the covers and Calum was beginning to walk away. I pulled his hand in desperation. "What's wrong Blue? Do you need anything?"

I simply patted the place beside me and Calum understood what I had meant. I didn't want to spend the night alone, especially not now. He pulled me close up against his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I nuzzled my face against his warm chest as I could hear his steady heartbeat. I was slowly dozing off when I heard Calum whisper, "I love you. I don't know what I would do without you."

I felt a slight pang in my chest as I heard him say those words. I just hoped that maybe one day I could say the same.

I woke up the next morning and stretched as I was reaching for Calum but I felt nothing. I shot my eyes opened and the body that was once there was now gone and what remained was messed up sheets. I got up and headed downstairs to look for him since he was no where to be seen upstairs. I looked for him in the living room and he wasn't there either. The house was quiet, so that meant I was alone. As I was heading back up again I heard the front door knob wiggle. I entered in panic and I grabbed the nearest object to use as a weapon if needed.

I went behind the door and was about to hit the unidentified person on the head, when I noticed it was Calum. Calum looked horrified as he saw that i was with a lamp in my hands . He quickly took the lamp from my hands and gave me a hug for reassurance. "It's okay Blue, I'm here now. I'm sorry I left you alone. I should have left you message," he said as he rubbed circles on my back.

He let go of me and picked up what he had in his hands before. "I hope you're hungry" he said as he lifted the bags "because I'm starving."

While we we were eating he was explaining how he practically lives here by himself. According to Calum the rest of the guys only came back home when they needed to take a shower or change. They didn't even bother to come back until the next day. "You know come to think of it I've kind of got used to being alone" he caressed my hand, "but I'm glad that your here" he said as he sent me a lopsided smile.

Loud voices started to get closer and closer and soon enough the noise was bursting inside the house. "Stop pushing," said an annoyed Luke. "I'm taking a shower first," said a sweaty Ashton as he ran up the stairs and beat everyone else to the bathroom.

Michael was the only one who came to us and said hello. "Well looks like I'm the only one who has manners" he said as he gave us a curtsy. I couldn't help but smile at how goofy he was. Oh Michael.

"I guess Michael is doing a better job of making you smile than I am," Calum told me as though I had hurt his feelings. I just reached for his hand as I gave it a light squeeze; he lifted up his head and looked towards me. I sent him a reassuring smile so he could know that I was beyond happy just having him by my side.

I tried to speak up but every time I failed. Just then Michael spoke up, "I'll leave you two alone, I guess." Calum quickly interjected, "no, I was actually going to ask you if you could take care of her while I go out and get some things I need."

"Sure. We will just watch a movie or something right Blue?" Michael said as he sent me a wink.

I nodded my head awkwardly.

"Yeah that's fine. I'll see you guys in bit." And with that Calum left.

I could tell that Calum didn't really like how Michael was acting towards me but I knew he struggled to ignore it.

After an hour, we finally decided what we wanted to watch. Michael and I ended up watching a horror film marathon. My favorite. I could tell that Michael thought otherwise, since he would always jump and squeeze my arm. At one point I thought he was going to rip my arm off. This guy had some serious issues but I must admit he was amusing to watch. He tried to seem like he wasn't scared but you took one good look at him and no way in hell would he have fooled you.

After watching three movies we decided that was enough, thank god. Don't get me wrong, I love watching horror movies but Michael was still hugging me, clinging to me actually, because he thought that the killer from the movie was out to get him.

Everyone else had left half an hour ago and we were alone and it was starting to get dark outside.

There was noise coming from the door as if someone was trying to get inside. The first thing Michael yelled was, "it's the killer from the movie!" He grabbed on tighter, if that was even possible. "We are going to die!"

I shoved him aside, he's such a drama queen.

The door finally opened to reveal a drenched Calum. Michael let out a sigh of relief when he noticed it was him. "Oh thank god it was you Calum; I kept telling Blue over here that she had nothing to be afraid of. You should have seen how scared she was."

I set him a glare, truly pathetic.

"Yeah I'm sure Blue was the one scared" he laughed out as he came closer to Michael and wiped a tear that had rolled down his cheek earlier. "You may want to get rid of the evidence before you get your story straight" he laughed.

Michael's face turned beet red. "I'm leaving now because you guys are no fun" he muttered as he stomped his way out the door.

Dramatic I tell you.

"Sorry I took so long, it's just that I was out getting something important," he said trying to fight back a smile. "Maybe one day you'll get to use it."

I just felt so confused as to what he was telling me. Use what?

"You look cute when you scrunch up your face like that" he said as he kissed the space between my eyebrows.

I was startled because I had no idea what he was doing but some reason I did not mind at all.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself, it's just that you're so kissable." He smacked himself on his face. "I mean that..that.. oh never mind, I'll just make a fool of myself if I try to explain it."

A giggle slipped from my mouth and I quickly brought my hands to my mouth and try to suppress the laughter that was about to abrupt.

"No, don't cover your mouth" he said as he removed my hands. "If I have to say stupid things for you to laugh I'll continue to say them."

"Thank you" I said as I pulled him into a tight hug.