Chapter 01- New day

** I am running away from the house,  running away from the place where aunt May is lying lifeless on the floor, running away from the bad men who are after me. Every shadow I see looks like those men. Those bad men. I am scared and tired. It's so cold outside, I'm shivering. I am hungry,  starving. I can't run anymore...  I am tired. I can't..... **

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

(Ring Ring Ring)

"Ughhh", I slowly opened my eyes. "Those dreams again, I wish they'd stop" I told myself. I sat on my bed and shook myself out of my dreamzone. "What a nice start to my day", I sighed.

"Ara..... Ara, you awake?", a familiar voice shouted from downstairs  at the top of her lungs.

"Oh great!", I rolled my eyes.

"Ara, you awake or not?", she asked barging into my room.

"Yeah, a Good Morning To YOU too Jess", I said sarcastically.

"Alright alright. Good morning babygirl, I'm just excited you know." She winked. So Jess-like. I laughed out loud and shook my head. She is never gonna change.

"So why exactly are you excited now?", I asked knowing the answer very well.

"It's my little Boo Boo's first day of school. Well, more like the first day in the New School." She said while doing her over-dramatic hand gestures.

"Jess you really need to chill. It's not like I haven't been to school. This is my first day in my New School.", I said while standing up from my bed and stretching myself. "This could be like any other school I've been to, or worse" I said, now feeling less excited about school.

I am in Seoul, South Korea. Seventeen years old now. The police had found me THAT night. When I woke up and said my name, it was like they were expecting me anytime.

An uncle and aunt came to get me the very next day, they were very nice. Uncle James and aunt Camellia. Both husband and wife, and officers in service in a special security service. I was to live with them, aunt Camellia reminds me of aunt May. They loved me and took good care of me, as if I were their own child.  As if they were fulfilling their responsibility out of loyalty.

When I turned 12 they sent me to Busan, South Korea for my safety. Away from the United States, away from home.

I didn't like to leave them, they were the only family I had. But it's for my own safety. I understood. I now know that aunt May is gone forever. They say so is mom, but no evidence found. My dad passed away a month before the incident happened. So now all I have is these few people I call "family".The States was not safe for me, they might find me.

South Korea gave me a new life, I love it here. Mostly because of my bestfriend, whom I've known since the first day I stepped in Busan. Uncle James sent me to his friend's house, they are really nice just like aunt Camellia and uncle. Their daughter is Jess, short for Jessica Smith. She is older than me by a month, and took care of me since day one. Just like the sister I never had. My first best friend. Just the thought of her makes me smile.  But sometimes even that doesn't help me.

School was a lot of trouble for me. Honestly, I am not happy. The only happiness I have here is Jess, her parents Uncle Smith and aunt Lily, our pet dog Cloud and my passion for music, drawing and dance.

In the beginning of my school life in Busan, I had so many bad encounters. Seriously, so depressing.  First it was this rude gang of kids trying to get on my nerves. Then bullying. To be honest, I wasn't gonna take it. I fought back and had to change schools.