Chpt 10: Is That Really the Bubbler?

Alya's and Marinette's phones beeped notifications as they were walking back toward Marinette's after dropping Manon off at home.  They pulled up the video on Alya's phone and both looked to see what was going on.

"Wait, isn't that the Bubbler!?" exclaimed Alya.  "But . . . Nino is with Adrien at the zoo, isn't he?"  Alya quickly called Nino and he picked up on the first ring.

"Hey, Alya, what's up?" he asked, confused as to why she was already calling him.  They had agreed to each spend a few hours with their friends on their own.

"So, you're not the Bubbler?  Like, right now?" Alya asked him intently, yet sounding completely confused.

"Um, what!? No!  What are you talking about?"  Nino couldn't understand why she would possibly be asking this.

"Someone who looks and acts like the Bubbler is at the top of the Eiffel Tower.  Right now!  We've got to get over there!" cried Alya.  "Finally something new for my Ladyblog!" she said quietly, already thinking of possible Bubbler-related headlines for her blog.

"See you there!" said Alya excitedly.

"Wait, Alya!" said Nino, hoping to try to keep her from heading out by herself.

But, Alya didn't wait and hung up the phone.  "Coming Marinette?" she asked, looking over at her.

"You know, I'm good.  Not really interested in a repeat of that.  Promise me you'll stay safe!" said Marinette, obvious concern on her face.

"Yeah, sure!" called Alya over her shoulder as she raced in the direction of the Eiffel Tower.

"Not very convincing, Alya," muttered Marinette under her breath.  So should she contact Adrien or just transform and head to the supervillain?  She decided Nino would pass on the important information and they would both head there.

Marinette turned into a deserted alley.  "Tikki, we're finally needed," she said toward her purse. 

"Let's do this!" said Tikki eagerly.

"Tikki, SPOTS ON!"

Ladybug leaped up to the rooftop and raced towards the action.

- - -

Nino hung up his phone and looked over at Adrien, who was anxiously waiting to hear about the conversation.

"Well?!" Adrien asked him.  Adrien's phone had beeped a notification but he decided to hear it from Nino as it seemed he already had some information.

"Apparently, the Bubbler is on top of the Eiffel Tower. Like, right now!" he said, having a really hard time wrapping his head around what was going on.

"What?!" asked Adrien. The Bubbler? How can that be? he thought as he looked right at Nino.

"That's what Alya said.  And I'm pretty sure she is headed there right now.  I gotta go!"  Nino started running toward the exit of the zoo, not even aware that Adrien wasn't following him.

Adrien jumped behind a hedge and Plagg zoomed out of his shirt.

"Do we finally get to play?" asked Plagg excitedly.  "It's been so long!"

Adrien nodded.  "Ready?"

Plagg nodded, actually ready for some excitement for once.

"Plagg, CLAWS OUT!"

Cat Noir grabbed his stick and started running out of the zoo.

- - -

Where are they?  I am almost out of time!