Chpt 25: A Lot of Miraculous Discussion at Master Fu's.

"A black lucky charm? Why did you not mention this before?" asked Master Fu, looking over at Wayzz in confusion.

Marinette and Adrien were about to apologize when Wayzz spoke up. "Actually, Master, this has occurred in the past."

Master Fu, Adrien, and Marinette looked at Wayzz in surprise. Plagg and Tikki flew over to join Wayzz. Wayzz nodded at Tikki, indicating for her to speak.

"It has only happened a few times throughout history. The Ladybug and Cat heroes in those cases have had very close relationships," said Tikki.

"She means they were in love," interjected Plagg, stuffing a piece of Camembert in his mouth.  Marinette and Adrien both blushed.

"Plagg, I was getting to that!" she huffed. "And it's not just that they were in love, as that has happened many times but not resulted in the black Lucky Charms. There seems to be an extra something involved. Perhaps a willingness to sacrifice everything for the other that forms a special connection between the two heroes letting the Cat sort of access some of Ladybug's powers in certain situations. No one has really studied it, though, so I can't say for certain what causes it to happen," said Tikki apologetically.

"That is very interesting. I had never heard about that," said Master Fu, pondering the implications. "And you say it has happened twice so far?"

"Yes," said Marinette, "once when Adrien needed to confront his father by himself and the other when he talked and talked about wanting a bird whistle." She rolled her eyes in memory of that.

"Hey!  You have to admit it was a perfect distraction for you to go in and tie up the villain!" exclaimed Adrien.

"Okay, okay. Yes, it worked very well. But, I do wonder if that's what would have happened if he hadn't whined," Adrien cleared his throat loudly in response to her chosen word, "alright, 'wished' for the bird whistle. I don't like the new unpredictability of the lucky charm. Not knowing who it's going to be for is a little worrisome."

"Hmm . . . yes, I can see how you might feel that way," said Master Fu, trying to hide a smile when he realized that Marinette really wasn't happy about sharing her powers. "And this new villain does not appear to be controlled in any way by an akuma?"

"No, he seems to be tech-related," said Adrien, eager to relate what he learned. "I talked to Max about it some. He hadn't heard much about it yet, so I tried to relate what I knew, without making it obvious I was actually there to see it first hand, of course. He was intrigued and going to look into it more. He said it sounded like there would be some kind of battery powering everything and it would most likely be on the suit somewhere, so the villain could protect it from damage and access it if he needed to. Because the villain powered down the suit right before the portal appeared, he thought the battery on the suit was probably also powering the portal. He probably can't power both of them at once. So, if we figure out where the battery is and how to destroy it, we could maybe keep the villain from escaping through the portal. No akumas in sight so far."

"Which does seem to indicate that this is not a case of someone in the future again getting ahold of the Butterfly or Peacock Miraculouses and using them for evil," said Master Fu, relieved.

"I was wondering," said Marinette, "I mean, I've been wondering for a long time, why are akumas such a focus of everything? I know this is off topic, but if the Butterfly Miraculous was supposed to be used for good, why is so much of what the Ladybug Miraculous can do focused on dealing with de-evilizing the akuma and the amok?  Was that originally what it was supposed to do? Because that makes no sense."

Master Fu and the kwamis all exchanged a look and he nodded to Wayzz to explain.

"Unfortunately, there has been much abuse of the Butterfly and Peacock Miraculouses throughout their existence and the Ladybug Miraculous has evolved over time to be able to counter this abuse. These two Miraculouses give their users too much power over others and this power has often led the holders to eventually use them improperly."