▪️ 1 ▪️

— Hajime's P.O.V:

Another day, and as my dad says today has gotta be better than tomorrow. I don't know about that though. Everyone in the school I attend seems so perfect. So where do I fit in? If you guessed no where, you'd be correct. I'm a nobody, I don't belong. So everyday is pure shit.

"Get up and moving, Hajime!" My father opened by door, clapping his hands together. "Today is gonna be better than tomorrow!"

I sighed. "I'm not a kid anymore dad, you don't need to wake me up. I can handle myself, besides your job needs you early in the morning and late at night, you should get to it and not worry about me."

My dad was silent, it didn't even hit me for a moment or two before realizing I sounded kind of bitter.

"I didn't mean to sound bitter dad, I hope you know what I meant," I sat up and stretched out my arms.

My dad only laughed. "I know, I know what you meant Hajime. Speaking of work, I gotta get to it. There's pancakes in the kitchen. I'll see you later, have a good day!" He waved to me before walking back downstairs.

My dad had a pretty important job, so I never-minded him leaving for work really early in the morning, or coming home late at night. He was trying his best to keep a stable family for my sister and I, because our mother wasn't around anymore.

I'd rather not talk about why she isn't around anymore, but she was amazing and helped me when I needed it. After she died, we moved. Moved from Japan to America. I hate America if I'm being honest.

"Well look who's finally awake," My sister said as I walked down to the kitchen. She didn't even bother looking up from her PSP.

At least she wasn't a nobody at our school, at least she was known for something.

"Yeah yeah, whatever Chiaki," I sat down across from Chiaki and started eating my breakfast.

Chiaki was my younger sister, not by much though. We were only a year apart, so she was a grade behind me. I am a senior, she's a junior or in other words I'm in grade 12 and she's in grade 11. Whatever you wanna call it. She's a really good sister if I'm being honest, even though all of her focus is always on her PSP or some other gaming device. She's kind of like our mother, easy to talk to.

The only noise you heard from breakfast wasn't our voices, it was Chiaki clicking and tapping buttons on her device, which also lead to noises coming from the game she was playing. Well, that's all the noises that were heard until she finally spoke up.

"Wow Hajime, amazing how you're going to school in your pajamas today," She giggled a bit.

"Shit!" I raised my voice a little, realizing I was still in my pajamas. "Thanks for reminding me!" I got up from my seat and dashed upstairs to get ready.

"You got 5 minutes, hurry up!" Chiaki yelled upstairs to me.

And oh boy did I hurry up. However, I was stuck on how to tie my tie, even though I've done it multiple times before. Well, not really multiple, I'd actually say hundreds of times.

Not to brag or anything, but we were out the door in 3 minutes.

— Nagito's P.O.V:

I scrolled through my social media, not thinking much of anything. It was really just a way to distract myself, whether if I was scrolling through people's profiles or watching the stupid life hack videos that come up in my explore page.

As I was scrolling through some of the suggested profiles, one profile came up. This caught my attention, mainly because of this guys' hair. Seriously, how is your hair that spiky and have a really sharp ahoge ontop of your head? There was really one way to find out, and that was to check out his profile.

His name was Hajime Hinata, he lives in America though it looks like he's Japanese. I didn't question that though because that's completely normal.Overall, he's a good looking guy if I'm being honest. His pictures are either him by himself on top of a mountain or him with a girl at what seems to be a gaming tournament or something. Not gonna lie, at first I thought this girl was his girlfriend, but she was tagged in the post. I ended up checking her profile, her name was Chiaki Hinata, these two were siblings. That made a lot more sense.

But back to Hajime's profile, there was something odd about it. To a normal person, his posts would seem completely normal, nothing wrong. But to me, it seemed like he was struggling. Struggling a lot actually. The captions of his post didn't fit the picture, but
it seemed like this Hajime guy was trying to send a message.

That was just to me though, but I still decided to reach out to him. Just to see if he was really struggling or not.

You, 3:45 P.M.: Hey!

No reply yet, I'm not really the most patient person ever. But I should be able to wait a bit, after all this guy lives in another damn country. Hell, this guy is 8 hours behind me.

Well, that's what I was expecting. He actually gave me a reply.

Hajime Hinata, 3:47 P.M.: Hey sorry to whoever you are, I'm in school currently.

You, 3:47 P.M.: No worries, what time is it for you?

Hajime Hinata, 3:48 P.M.: It's currently 7:48 A.M.

You, 3:49 P.M.: Haha, I'm 8 hours ahead of you.

Hajime Hinata, 3:49 P.M.: Where are you from if you're 8 hours ahead of me, lol

You, 3:49 P.M.: I live in Japan!

Hajime Hinata, 3:40 P.M.: Cool! I used to live there a while back.

Hajime Hinata, 3:41 P.M.: Shit okay the teacher is gonna see I'm on my phone and I'm gonna be dead meat by the end of this class. Talk later?

You, 3:41 P.M.: Haha, sure! Don't get in trouble though.

Hajime Hinata, 3:42 P.M.: Yeah lets hope I don't.

This Hajime guy, it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with him. I'll only be able to find out when I ask him though, that's when I'll see it. Besides, my gut tells me something is wrong, and I'm gonna believe it.

There's also something about Hajime that seems interesting, and no it's not his hair. So far, even though we've only talked for a few minutes, he seems really cool to talk to.