▪️ 12 ▪️

— Hajime's P.O.V

You, 12:02 A.M.: Yeah, guess it has been awhile Souda! Sorry I didn't give you my email or anything, I hope you understand...

Kazuichi Souda, 12:03 A.M.: Haha! No worries man, just teasing the daylight outta ya!

You, 12:04 A.M.: So you haven't changed one bit, haven't you, Souda?

Kazuichi Souda, 12:04 A.M.: Yeah, well besides the fact I was given the title the Ultimate Mechanic, I guess that's the only thing that's really changed.

Ultimate Mechanic? Wasn't Nagito talking about some Ultimate Mechanic? I'm pretty sure they go to the same school, since they're both ultimates.

You, 12:06 A.M.: So you made it into Hope's Peak, didn't you?

Kazuichi Souda, 12:07 A.M.: Somehow someway, hey isn't Hopes Peak the school you always used to dream about in middle school? You would die to go there or something.

You, 12:08 A.M.: Yeah, that was then though. Never stood a chance anyways, my sister got accepted though.

Kazuichi Souda, 12:09 A.M.: Right, you've got a sister. Anyways, moving on from this I've got a question for ya, Hinata.

You, 12:10 A.M.: Go ahead and ask it, I may have an answer.

I hope it wasn't a question about Nagito, I don't want Souda bothering him too much. After all, I think they're classmates. I mean, Nagito has mentioned somebody known as the Ultimate Mechanic before, I think he said they were in his class. Since Souda is the Ultimate Mechanic, that has to be him! They have to be classmates! At least I think...

Man, I get nowhere when I think like this. I always try to solve some stupid mystery as good as my mom did, she was amazing at it.

Guess that's why they called her the Ultimate Detective, huh?

Kazuichi Souda, 12:12 A.M.: See ya follow my classmate, Komaeda. You guys friends too or something?

So I was correct! They are classmates!

You, 12:15 A.M.: Yeah! We haven't really known each other long, but I'd say were good friends (:

Kazuichi Souda, 12:16 A.M.: 'Least he's gotta friend. Guess you could say he's an odd ball I guess, I mean, he really avoids hanging out with all of us. Saw him at a party, which was odd but I think somebody dragged him there??

You, 12:17 A.M.: I'm not his "only" friend. That person who dragged him to the party was his friend I think.

Kazuichi Souda, 12:18 A.M.: Ooooooh got'cha!

Kazuichi Souda, 12:19 A.M.: Hey Piñata, why'd you have to move again?

I chuckled at "piñata."

You, 12:20 A.M.: It's Hinata

Kazuichi Souda, 12:20 A.M.: God dammit! You know what I mean!

You, 12:21 A.M.: I'll tell you later, Souda. It's late for me, I'm going to be getting to bed.

Kazuichi Souda, 12:21 A.M.: Aw man, where ya live now?

You, 12:21 A.M.: New York, why?

Kazuichi Souda, 12:22 A.M.: So I know your timezone, you're 8 hours behind us, aren't ya?

You, 12:22 A.M.: Yeah, I am. Anyways, I'm gonna be getting to bed, night Souda.

Kazuichi Souda, 12:22 A.M.: 'Night, Hinata!

I walked over to my desk and plugged the charger into my phone. It was difficult standing up and walking around six feet just to do that, that's how tired I was. Hopefully tomorrow I would be able to stay home and sleep all day, at the moment I thought I wouldn't be down for anything tomorrow has to bring.

I rubbed my eyes and turned around when I heard a soft knock at my door. I groaned, It's 12 A.M., who the hell is knocking at my bedroom door? Safe to say, I completely forgot about Chiaki. She was the one who was standing at my door, she was exhausted as well.

"Nanami," I started, though it was difficult to say through yawns. "You better fix your sleep schedule."

"Then what are you doing awake?" She asked me. I shook my head and she responded with a quiet laugh. "Although it seems pretty obvious, what was up with you earlier?"

"I thought I told you this," I shook my head once again, scratching the back of my head as well. "I needed some time alone, I couldn't stand being around people all day and when Dad was about to come home I couldn't really take it. I needed some time to myself. You're right to think I overreacted when I ran out right that, because I did."

Chiaki shook her head. "It's fine Hajime, it really is. Get yourself to bed, seems like you need to sleep."

"Okay, Mom," I grinned ear to ear and began to shut my door. "Good night, Nanami!"

I could hear her walking away and into her room, which was right next to mine. I heard the sound effects from the game she was playing, I could also hear her telling me good night.

Once my door was completely closed, I flopped down on my bed not even bothering to put the covers over me. Sure it was cold but that's how tired I was, I couldn't stand being awake any longer.

Within seconds, my eyes shut and I was off into a deep sleep. I didn't even know whether or not I was drooling or snoring, hell nobody knows when they're drooling or snoring what am I saying? But with the amount of good sleep I was going to get that night, it's safe to assume that I was possibly snoring and drooling, that's just how it was when I had a good sleep. I suspected to wake up with a bunch of drool on my pillowcase.

Or at least, I thought I was going to have a good sleep.

- - - - - ◾️ - - - - -

Hello! Sorry for no update on Friday, this chapter was almost finished though I was too exhausted and worn out to finish it and completely forgot about it all weekend. Hell, it almost slipped my mind today. I'm debating on taking a short break, a week if anything. That would give me time to get back on track and write chapters ahead of time so I can publish them later. Anyways, I hope you all are having a good day!

-Ember