▪️ 6 ▪️

— Hajime's P.O.V.

Sure it seemed like me request seemed a little demanding, I guess. But I really wanted someone like Nagito there for me, I don't know why I did. Maybe it was because he was one of the first friends who ever really cared? Yeah, that seems to be the answer.

Nagito Komaeda, 7:21 A.M.: Of course, Hajime :) I'll always be here for you

I smiled, even though I was basically crying.

Chiaki knocked on my slightly cracked door, "Hajime, come on we need to get to school."

"I'm not going today, I can't go today," I replied back.

"Why not?" Although I couldn't see it, I knew Chiaki was frowning. I don't know how, I just kind of did.

"I just can't today, I'm not in the mood to," I frowned, immediately thinking of our mom again.

"I understand, I know what you're thinking," Chiaki walked inside my room. I spun my chair around to face her, I just nodded. "I'll be home after school, I suppose. If I'm not, I'm at the arcade."

"Dad's taking us out after school," I told Chiaki.

"Oh right, well I guess I'll for sure be home after school," Chiaki smiled. "I'll see you then, Hajime." She walked out of my room and shut the door.

What was I going to do today?

— ◾️ Time-skip

My ears perked up like a dog when I heard the front door open and close. I checked the time on my phone, it was now 2:49 in the afternoon. I was talking to Nagito all day, getting to know him better. He asked me if I wanted to voice call tonight, although I knew I was going to be out with my dad and sister, I accepted his offer.

That just means he's gonna have to wake up early or to stay up to call me. I'd rather he'd wake up early though.

I wasn't going to call him at the time he wanted unfortunately, though I was going to call him around 11 p.m.

Yeah, 11 fucking p.m., where it would be around 7 a.m. for him.

I feel bad for him, I'll make it up to Nagito I swear I will.

I walked downstairs and greeted my dad, who was taking off his shoes at the front door.

"Hey dad," I started. "How was work?"

"Hajime!" He raised his voice a little, he never yelled at Chiaki and I, "What are you doing home so early?! Is Chiaki home too? Did you guys get off early? If so, what was the case?"

"No, Chiaki's still at school and we didn't get off early," I answered, "I just decided to stay home today, not a big deal."

My dad frowned, "I thought you said you were gonna go today, Hajime."

"I did, something came up though and I just didn't feel motivated to go," I frowned with him. I watched him think of what happened, and then he snapped his fingers realizing that I was probably thinking of mom.

"It's okay, Hajime, I get it," My dad looked up at me and smiled, and I couldn't help but return the favor. "But you've seriously sat in your school uniform all day?"

I looked down at my clothes, finally realizing that I had my uniform on. "Guess I did," I laughed and my dad laughed with me.

"Get some other clothes on and start brainstorming some ideas for when your sister gets home if you haven't already." My dad walked out of the room and into the kitchen, making sure things were organized like how they were before he left. "Did you eat breakfast or lunch?"

I thought for a minute, "I guess I didn't," I finally replied.

I heard my dad sigh, "Hajime, you got to eat something at least. Here, I'll make you a sandwich," he walked to the refrigerator and opened it.

"That's okay, dad," I walked down the halls and back up the stairs to my room to change. "I'll just wait until dinner."

"You sure?" I heard my dad yell from the kitchen.

"Yeah, positive!" I yelled back. I didn't get an answer so I assumed he nodded and went back to organizing.

And I went back to talking to Nagito.

Throughout the day, I learned a lot about who he was. The wave of relief that went over me when I found out that there was no possible way he could be lying about who he was. He even went as far as going into the Hopes Peak yearbook and searching for his name, which he did indeed find very quickly. It's nice to know I'm not talking to some creep but rather just some guy who shares common interests with me.

It's funny though, and kind of suspicious. He speaks English well, really well. Better than me and my sister, but not better than my dad though. That's probably because my dad learned how to read and speak English before Chiaki and I were even born.

Nagito is actually really easy to talk to surprisingly, he puts me in a calm and positive mood somehow, even if we are just talking to each other over text messages. I hope that during the time he rambled about his problems and what was in his mind that I helped him out a little bit as well, if I didn't I would feel really bad. I would feel extremely worse if I made him feel worse.

Nagito Komaeda, 2:56 P.M.: So about this DDR thing you have going on next Saturday..

Right, I told him about that.

You, 2:58 P.M.: Yeah what about it?

Nagito Komaeda, 2:59 P.M.: You better show me your skills with it sometime or I will be furious

I laughed.

You, 3:00 P.M.: Yeah, don't worry I will!

You, 3:00 P.M.: That is if me just being able to play the game is a skill, I don't consider it to be one anyways.

Nagito Komaeda, 3:01 P.M.: Skill or not, that Rantaro guy thinks you're amazing at it and I believe you're even better than amazing at it. I believe you're phenomenal at it!

You, 3:01 P.M.: Thanks, Nagito!

I heard the door open again, I thought was home. She was home really early actually, if that even was her. School doesn't normally let out until 3:30, so why is she home so early?

"Hey, Chiaki!" I heard my dad call as I walked down the stairs. "How was school?" He was still looking at what he was doing.

"This isn't Chiaki, imbecile," The voice coming from the door was a man. I peeled behind the corner to see who it was.

It was none other than Byakuya at the door, Byakuya Togami. He works with my father and Aoi, he's also an asshole if I had to describe him that way.