CHAPTER 12:

[JAMAL POV]

It was like a surge of fear that drove straight through me. Time seemed to come to a complete stop. I had not felt this scared in a long time. I had to act fast. Snapping back to reality, I took out my dagger jumped on the bed and cut the sheet that was tied to the bar that run across the ceiling. I grab her fragile body and squeeze it towards mine. A surge of relief washes over me but this looks like it's far from over.

"what were you thinking, huh?"

she tries to wriggle out of my grip but I refuse to let her go.

"no, no, no......leave me be, what are you doing? lemme hang myself. leave me!"

she shouts as she finally gives in and stops struggling. it all falls silent for a while and all that could be heard from across the room was her sobbing into my chest. her body so fragile seemed to fall apart in my arms like broken glass. I just held her a part of me just wanted to stay there and care for her reassure her but I couldn't. The weak are swallowed in the world of the strong and emotions are only felt by the weak.

from her stillness, I felt her body shift and she lifted her head to look at me. Our eyes met, big, brown and beautiful. they seemed to be so full of life and laughter before, filled with the kind of warmth that would put a smile across anyone's face who was fortunate enough to look at them. I could see the despair and sadness in her eyes now. they seemed to cloud the once mesmerizing eyes. I couldn't help but feel sorry but never to show it. I was not going to let my guard down for anyone. she had stopped crying.

"why did you stop me?"

what will Jamal say to her? Is Jamal growing soft or is it just a game....keep reading to find out. remember to vote and comment. I'd love to hear from you. Till next time my darlings......XOXO