CHAPTER 15

[Jamal POV]
I didn't realize just how hungry I was till I took in my favourite smell....mmmmm...chicken. I walked into the cafeteria with only one thing in mind, food.
"Hey boss, I heard you were having problems with little miss prize," now what does this idiot want. I turned around to see a smirking Abu looking at me. He was always one to pick squabbles for his amusement. "You should hand her over to me. I'm sure she'll be thrilled once I show her some of my gratitude." I glared at him. I felt my anger rise within me. Who does he think he is making such comments. I grabbed him by the neck and pushed him towards the wall tightening my grip.
"Now you listen to me, it seems you've forgotten who exactly is in charge around here. You think that you can walk around questioning my authority and talk to me like I'm your damn concubine. I will not hesitate to break this pathetic example of a neck if you dare cross me Abu. I feel no remorse. And as for the prisoner who has you restless, it's not in your position to offer me advice or any other suggestions on what I want to do with her."
I released him and he fell on his knees breathing heavily. He should consider himself lucky since I let him live, that pathetic low life scum. He degraded women so much and yet he was born of a woman. He tried getting up and I met his eyes, "get out of my sight before I change my mind on keeping you alive."
He stood up, sneered at me and left the cafeteria.
"What are the rest of you slacking around for? Get back to work!" Everyone quickly resumed what it was they were doing. That guy really knew how to destroy an appetite. Nevertheless, a guy's gotta eat. I stepped into the kitchen and found the chef packing up my meal together with another one.
"You really know how to read the room."
"No worries boss, I know you like you're dinner in your chamber and after the mess outside, I can tell you want your solitude now more than ever."
"Who's the other plate for?"
"Have you already forgotten you have a prisoner, boss? And from how you acted, not to speak in any suggestive way, you have taken a keen interest in her."
"What makes you think that?"
"I've served my fair share dealing with cold-hearted men like you but I am also a man and a wise one at that. I see what many ignore. Take her the food even if you won't speak with her."
"You speak nothing of this to anyone else."
"You have my word, boss."
I walked out of the cafeteria with both meals. I keep on thinking about what he said and as much as I want to deny it, a part of me knows it's true and I will work to conceal it.

Vote, share and like, thank you. Till next time my lovlies.....XOXO