Chapter 1:

The desert is never what it seems. It holds many secrets. It is the same as the way the sand dunes rise and fall, disappearing and reappearing with the swift current of the wind. But the desert does hold some life and in the midst of all that seems hopeless and full of despair rises a town from the very sands of Arabia. Many may never notice it, some think it is a mirage only to realize that it stands out among the sand dunes. Walls of fortitude surround this very town keeping the peace within and the turmoil of the desert outside. Buildings sculptured out of hardened sands and rocks and the architecture supreme. It is deigned a mirage for its beauty is incomparable to the bareness of the sandy landscape. Each home individually sculpted in a unique manner that represents the family housed within. The town had a specific culture of etching their family name on their door and curving out unique patterns on it. It was to show off their creativity and also add a personal touch to the very building they call home. The wood that was used to create the doors was quite expensive as it had to transported into the town from a factory half way across the Arabian lands. It would take nine days journey for the trucks to deliver the wood. Therefore, the wealthier the family is in this town, the more beautiful and unique their home would be.

This majestic town is home to Nusra, a girl of pure innocence and love. A true beauty like the cactus flower that blooms once every dynasty. In a family of four daughters, she is its jewel, her father's pride and joy, never demanding or quick to anger unlike her sisters. She has a loving father who takes pride in his vast wealth gained through his dates business, a fruit native to the area and has raised his family with love catering to all their needs and wishes. His daughters are quite popular for their beauty and grace despite three of them having quite the temperament like their father. Their beauty is that of their mother, who is the calming force within the household. She is what keeps them together and the voice of all reason together with her youngest and most beautiful daughter, Nusra. Their family is like any other within this town having most of their relatives as neighbors and conducting business within the town and sometimes even in the cities far away hence the reason the family has amassed such wealth.

The town has managed to thrive despite its environment and the people within it have created a home for themselves settling into its serene atmosphere. The harsh desert conditions are not the only threat to the quaint town for the desert militia, Al Gazeer, promises no safety or peace. They had brought so many towns down to their knees burning them to ashes leaving no trace of life behind. Children were told frightening stories of the militia to keep them from wondering out on the streets at night. The stories were of men who appeared like sand storms slaughtering entire families, looting and taking young girls as slaves. Many of the inhabitants of the town of Gama were yet to see or believe the existence of the militia for no one had ever lived to prove their existence. It seemed a myth despite the disappearance of neighbouring towns. The elders of the town blamed ghost fires, arsonists and on occasion freak accidents to calm the residents so the militia threat was quickly forgotten and the calm returned to Gama or so they thought...i

Hey guys!!! This is the first chapter of my first story on wattpad...so excited...please leave a comment on what you think and tell your friends about it... Thank you!!!