The trio......

Namgyel

I silently sat at the corner of the classroom and lazily scribbled English notes but I could see from the corner of my eyes that as usual the boy was sighing and looking out the window. I have never seen him socializing with any one and stay hidden under the shadow. Sometimes I wonder if he is even being attentive in the class it seems he is tired all the time. He do look at the girl sitting in the front but just avoids talking to her. People try to approach me but I shut them out because they all come with a purpose. Some wants money, some fame and some popularity. I am not a fan of centre of attention.

People judge me through my looks and background. I never wanted the wealth and attention. I just want a peaceful and comfortable life to spend with a true person. That's all I have asked for.  Being rich and having a good looking does not always mean I am happy. People deceive me with their own benefit in mind and it really hurts to live with pretentious bunch of people.

No matter what I do and where I go people keep their eyes on me. I am always being watched and sometimes their uncanny stares frightens me. I really feel uncomfortable but that is how I live.

The lecture ended and I was ready to escape but the lecturer shattered my peace of mind.  We were asked to pick up slip if paper and group according to the same number. Number 3 stared at me intently but it did not bother me at all I don't even care about my team members.

"3......." I heard him say and I just raised my hand. Another hand shot out in the air and I couldn't curse my luck further........great just great....... she was also in my group and we formed a group....... the trio. We sat around the table and sat in silence. He was literally digging his book with his nose and I was busy studying his reaction whereas she was busy trying to grab my attention. I just wondered whether we should just change the group but some part of me wanted to just be here.

Finally he spoke "Let's work hard for the group!"

The group discussion ended after he spoke the word and we went our own way. Guess the days will get interesting as time goes by.

I silently went back to my own apartment after visiting my regular place. People assume that I live a luxurious and happy life. True for the first one but a happy not so..... my dad rarely stays with us, he is usually outside the town and my mom live in her own apartment. The only time I get to see them are during my birthday but even birthday ends up on a sad note with them quarrelling. It's really tiring to go through that thus I prefer living alone in this quiet and peaceful apartment.

I took a shower with warm water and relaxed my stress and tiredness. After blowing dry my hair I took out my phone and prepared myself to say goodnight to myself. I watched the lock screen wallpaper of my mobile before sleeping. The image makes me happy and you can say it is my obsession.