Sweet scent

kelzang

Music blasted through my headphone and my sense of direction was messed up. Going to class, just sitting there being invisible has greatly reduced my will to laugh and smile...... well nothing new for I was never a bright child. Maybe I was born with terraces on the forehead because I have never smiled since I came to the College. Smirking, sighing and being moody is all that I am good at. Brain wires probably is connected in wrong way.

Group of boys were gathered near the street light and they were shouting I guess because they were barely audible through the music. Having no interest in the matter I continued walking towards the road. My footstep stopped when I saw a whimpering form on the ground. The shirts on the boy were printed with the shoes dirt of the bullies and his hands were clutching his small body as if trying to be safe inside his own cocoon. The sight made me angry and I felt pity but I didn't want to interfere and be in a mess...... even if it made me feel uneasy I was about to cross the spot when I happened to see the face of that boy.

With a startle I woke up and found myself sweating. Why was I dreaming of it after a long time? Something must have triggered that memory hidden in me. The time on the walk read 6:45 am so I just shook off that feeling of uneasiness and went on with my daily routine.

I reached the class before time and still had few minutes before the class, while resting my head upon the table I decided to take a nap. Something warm touched my cheeks but maybe I was dreaming so I brushed of the warmth and continued with my sleep not until my hairs were patted.

"Wake up.......... "

Someone wisphered in my ears that sent a tingling feelings through my body. I woke up but found no one near me. So let's finally get on with the boring lectures.

Namgyel

I woke up early and showered myself. Humming a song in my mind I prepared for the day and rode my bike to the College. I reached faster than I intended to........ I felt tingling feelings in my toes and fingers without any reason and it seem like I was excited but excited for what? or why?

Hanging the back pack on I rushed to the class but found it deserted until I saw him sleeping peacefully with his shoulders rising and going down slowly with a slow breath it made me feel happy. The peace on his face was enough to keep me entranced without realizing my legs took me to him and I found my hands rubbing his chubby cheeks...... he stirred and that made me alarmed but then he went back to sleep. After brushing his soft hairs that bounced happily on his head I whispered to him and ran for my seat.

Students were filing in the room and I found him searching for something upon waking up..... maybe he was searching for her. Attendance were taken and the class began as usual but I was not able to forget the feeling of how good it felt while touching him and my hands itched to touch him again but I shut the feelings as I already have someone whom I want to be with and love.

After the lecture we decided to sit together for our group assignment which was on End Violence......... I didn't want to do work on any topic related to violence but to escape it means dumping my work on them and running away from my responsibility which was against was own morale. I silently sat in the group while they started discussing on the topic.

"Bully........ " the word echoed in my mind and I was drawn back to that time.

I was surrounded by group of seniors and they were pulling out my hairs and slapping me. I whimpered and stayed silent when they bullied me as I was helpless and without any friend. They were asking for money.......If I had I would have given but I forgot my wallet at home. They blamed me for lying and snatched my back pack away...... upon finding nothing  I was banged against the road and they started kicking me.

"Pirrrrrrrrrrrrfff........... " I could barely make out the sound of the whistle when my bullies ran away leaving me in a mess. I was sobbing and felt helpless...... two red converse approached me and gave me hand. I was sobbing uncontrollably and my vision failed me to note down the face of the person who was my Savior. He kneeled down and gave me a warm hug, It didnt feel sick and the warmth really reached my heart. The scent coming from him was soothing and it helped me to calm down.

After some moments he left and I was all alone on the road.....no one came for me..... it was just me sprawled on the road. Slowly I gathered my things and went my own way.

"Why didn't the boy help me on my feet and accompany me instead he gave me a hug and left? " but that hug was imprinted in my mind and his scent remained in my memory.

Bang..............

"Will you please concentrate........ I just wonder what you are fantasizing about? ", Kelzang sounded strict but there was worry in his eyes.

"Sorry........Lets continue. "

The discussion dragged on until he stood up and silently went outside the classroom. We continued with making the slides and after 15 minutes he came back with snacks and juices in his arms. He was rushing back to his seats when he stepped on i it impossible for me to shrug him off. The scent stuck me hard paralyzing me on the spot until he was up and apologizing.

I quickly stood up and hugged him tightly with so much emotions running through my mind.

"Found you........"