Prolouge *edited*

eyyy i'm rewriting this chapter by chapter and there's story changes just warning you, if it says updated then it's the new story.

Neil hummed to himself as he tinkered with the work machine. Today he was in a good mood, which was rare. Probably the fact that he just took pills and he drank an extra cup of coffee. But that didn't matter, because he was in a good mood. Recently, he had been slowing down. It started with the little things like picking up heavy objects, and it moved onto being in so much pain he thought he wouldn't be able to get out of bed. There had been multiple days where he laid there thinking, this is the day I die. This is the day it all ends. Luckily, That day had yet to come.
"Neil! Why's your door locked!?" She pounded on the door and he quickly jumped up and hid the machine. After, he opened the door.
"You asshole, I was taking a nap," he crossed his arms, acting all annoyed.
"We've got a meeting, something about a missing helmet."
"Some idiot probably broke one and tried to cover it up," he shrugged.
"Come on, to the conference room."
"Aghhhhh," he followed behind her.
The meeting was full of straight faced adults, and then there was Neil. Eva fit in well with the adults, she had great composure and didn't look like she didn't want to be there. Neil looked like a child on bring your kid to work day with his oversized collared shirt tucked into pants held up by a belt. He didn't even have his lab coat on. Eva seemed to take in every word the boss said, even taking notes during the old school powerpoint presentation.
"And a heads up to everyone, there will be maintenance workers searching each one of the offices," Neil rolled his eyes and rested his head on his hand. Eva noticed his hands shaking, but didn't say anything.
"Any questions?" after the boss said this, there was silence across the room. They stayed quiet up until a single quiet noise, a wince. All eyes turned to Neil. Eva looked at him with concern, but he laughed it off.
"Sorry, I was practicing my impression of a dying puppy."
"That's nice Neil," The boss completely unsurprised continued on with the last few slides of the presentation.
After the meeting, he slowly walked back to his room. He needed another pill. He felt like he was about to collapse on the ground.
"Hey, you okay?" Eva started walking at a slower pace to match his.
"Yep!" he stuck his hands into his pockets.
"Okay..." she shrugged and walked back into her office trying to push away the feelings consuming her. She sat down and did paper work.
"Shit-" he collapsed in front of his desk and began laughing, "I am the great Neil Watts! Nothing can take me down, what bullshit." He downed another pill and pushed himself up into his chair. Slowly, he opened the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out a folder. Inside was the paperwork for his wish. It seemed to get closer and closer to the top each day.