The End?

Wow. Okay. This wasn't supposed to end here, but it wouldve been too drawn out if i had gone with the other version. I'm happy with this fic, I hope you are too. I don't want to break up the ending so I'm basically putting my final notes here. I have rosawatts oneshots that I'll update from time to time again, but my ideas are starting to drift away from having prewritten characters in a prewritten story. So, I'm going to be writing an actual original story! Ta-daaaa... Well, have a wonderful day or night friends! Thanks so much for reading this, make sure to get some rest, food, and water. Stay as healthy as you can <3!!

It was nice to see him like this, Eva thought. He was genuinely happy and energetic. He was affectionate for crying out loud, and that might've been the most surprising thing. Before, they would sometimes touch when exchanging a file, or he'd jokingly put his arm around her, but now he was different. He'd greet her and hug her from behind, he'd rest his head on her shoulder if they were reading paperwork, and he was always holding her hand. Eva loved surprising him with a kiss on the cheek and seeing his entire face go red. 

For the first time in a while, Neil could say truely, whole heardetly, that he was happy. He still had his bad moments, but now that Eva was by his side he felt as if he was flying. Like she would forever be his support, no matter what. He didn't have to lie anymore, he could be just as he wanted to be: fully and honestly himself. 

For the first time in a while, Eva could truely relax. She wasn't as stuck up and obsessive when she knew that Neil wasn't up to anything behind her back in his room. She didn't have to spot the smallest mannerism getting thrown off to see if he was lying. She could tend to her garden and really appreciate the beautiful flowers shes grown. She wasn't going to let work get to her anymore. With Neil by her side, she would forever have someone to lean on when she needs it. 

One afternoon, Eva was sitting in Neil's office during their lunch break. Neil continued coding some cheesy game that he'd probably force her to play, and Eva was enjoying the quiet. She finished off an apple she had brought to work and threw the core into the trashcan. She walked up behind Neil and kissed him on the cheek, then hugged him from behind. Neil smiled in response with a quiet and happy hum. 

"You want to know what's interesting, dumplin?"

"What?"

"I never needed the dumb machine to get my wish. All I had to do was stop being so blind," he smiled.

Eva sighed and smiled, and they enjoyed the rest of the moment. A sweet silence that their love could fill. 

🎉 You've finished reading My Wish *the entire story changed lol if you read this before it's different* 🎉