twelve.

Hero's P.O.V

"Come on mate, just one more shot. Don't be an arse, we're here to celebrate innit, not mope around all bloody day." My mate Alex shoves a shot glass in my face. I'm here with five of my best mates from London to celebrate Alex's bachelor party. He was due to wed in a week, and I can only think about how that should be me celebrating with my mates, getting ready to marry Val. But no, I had to fuck up everything.

I know its been over a year since I ended things with her and not a day goes by where I don't think about her. I'm lucky she didn't block me off of social media because that way I can still look at her gorgeous face, although she isn't really active on there since we broke up. Luckily her friends are, and luckily they too did not block me, so as creepy as this sounds I get updates on Val through any pictures or stories they post. Her brother also still keeps in contact with me, but we don't really talk about her because he says it'll only make things worse. He of course was pissed that I broke up with his sister, but he firmly believes that I have to have some solid reasoning as to why I did that because just like everyone else, he knows how madly in love I am with her.

I also know Val and her friends seem to be traveling somewhere for their spring break because they all posted an airport picture to their instagram stories this morning. I hope that where ever she is with her friends, she is enjoying herself and forgets all about me, as she should. That's if she hasn't already done so.

I finally unwilling take the shot from Alex and at this point honestly it doesn't even phase. Ever since I ended things with Val, liquor has been my best friend.
My mates and I sit around the cabana that's rented for the weekend before they all decided it's time we head up to our rooms before leaving for dinner tonight. I for a fact know they're going to use that time to call their girls back home. Fucking pricks, decided to all get cuffed up making me the one single guy out the bunch.

We banter around the elevator, before it finally stops on the floor all of our rooms are on. The lads laughter stops all to sudden the second we step out the elevator.
That's when I notice her. Standing right before my eyes after a year. Looking just as stunning as ever.
"Val." I let out mesmerizes by those beautiful eyes of her.
I hear one of the guys clears their throat.
"Hello love! Nice to see you here." Of course Alex would be the one to speak up.
"Um yeah. You too. I have to go." She smiles at all of my friends, trying to not make eye contact with me what so ever. She starts walking towards the stair. Why the heck would she do that, I know she was waiting for the elevator. God, she's really trying to ignore me.
She suddenly stops walking and turns around to face us all again. Is she actually going to speak to me? God I hope so.
"Congrats by the way Alex! I wish you and your bride nothing but the best. Try to not get in much trouble this weekend yeah?"
"Thanks Val, I'll make sure I do nothing to upset the Missus! Thanks for the reminder mate" He bloody winks at her.
"You're welcome! Well bye now enjoy your weekend boys!" Again she makes it her mission to not look at me before disappearing off to the staircase.
"Um you lads go ahead to the rooms, I'll see you guys tonight." I start walking towards the door Val just disappeared off to.
"Wait. Mate are you sure that's the right ting to do?" Morgan grabs a hold of my shoulder.
"Yeah man I don't think you should go after her. She's here with her friends, don't ruin her holiday." Alex tells me.
"I just need to speak to her. What's it to youse. I'll see you all later." I brush off Morgz hand before opening the door.
I could hear Alex say "You're going to regret it mate." as the door closes behind me.
I started running down the stairs hoping to catch up to Val. God those pricks only held me up.
I was nearing floor three when I saw her there. Sitting on one of the steps, head buried in her hands. Sobbing.
"Val, love." I say sitting down next to her. She looks up to me with bloodshot eyes. Fuck.
"What do you want Hero? Shouldn't you be with your friends right now?"
"I should be asking you the same."
"Well I asked first." She wipes the tears off her face.
"Val, I just want to talk." I place my hand on her thigh, and much to my preference, she doesn't bother to move my hand away.
"There's nothing to talk about Hero."
"Look Val I know I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more, I'm so sorry. I really am."
"No Hero, you're not. Because if you were you wouldn't have just broke up with me for no reason at all, and broken my heart and broken every promise you made to me for two years. But you know what, I don't have time for this. My friends are waiting for me. And don't bother looking for me because no matter what you say or do, nothing is going to change or be fixed." She gets up and quickly starts making her way down the stairs again.
"That's not going to stop me Val."
"Yeah well it better, because we can't nor will we ever be together again."
"Oh really, why's that?" I cross my arms looking down at where she stood.
"Because. Because I have a boyfriend, and I'm sure he wouldn't like to hear that my ex boyfriend was bothering me on my vacation." Ha. She's funny.
"Oh come on love. We both know that's not true."
"Well it is. So leave me alone. Please and thank you."
"No. I think I'm good. See you around though. I'm sure we will considering we're both here at the same exact floor and as far as I know, the world works wonders."
"Aww how cute. But no." I love how she's trying to deny that this trip won't be a major step towards fixing our relationship. The one I of course fucked up, but still.
"Trust me love we will cross paths, and more than once. Because just like me, you can't stand to be away from me or not know about me for long. And I know for a fact that you still love me just as much as I still love you."