fourteen.

Hero's P.O.V

I can't believe I saw her in person for the first time in over a year. She looks just as beautiful as always. She looks the same, but she sure has matured well. 

Seeing her has made me wonder if she would be the same woman I saw today, if I wouldn't have ever ended things with her. Maybe I was really holding her back. 

My thoughts are pushed aside when I hear banging on my door. Who the fuck is doing that? 

The second I open up the door I am shocked to see her standing there. 

"WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING DO THAT?!" She pushes me before slamming the door shut.

"What are you talking about Val?"

"YOU FUCKING LIED TO ME AND RUINED MY LIFE BY TAKING AWAY A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY, A DREAM AWAY FROM ME YOU ASSHOLE ! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" Fuck, she knows.

"Look Val, I can explain. Please." I try stopping her from pushing me any further.

"NO! NO YOU CAN'T HERO. I SPENT TWO YEARS SUPPORTING YOU AND LOVING YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND THE SECOND I ASK FOR SOME SUPPORT YOU GO AND DO THAT. I would have never, and I mean never done that to you. I spent weeks away from you and I didn't once complain about you having to leave because I knew you were going to go do what you love. I not once held you back from anything, I was always there rooting for you no matter what. I just don't understand why you couldn't do the same for me. What's more fucked up about it is not just that you took away this opportunity from me, but the fact that you would rather keep it from me and then break up with me so you wouldn't have to tell me. You're really fucked up Hero, and what's crazy about this, is that I didn't fall in love with that Hero. I fell in love with the Hero that would stay up with me until my designs were just perfect, the Hero that would buy me coffee after those long nights, the Hero that would help me study for my exams. I fell in love with the Hero that cared and supported me, as much as I did for him. Not the Hero who was selfish and only thought about himself." By the end of it all she was in tears, and all I wanted to do was hold her, but I know she wouldn't let me. 

"Val, love I know I fucked up big time. But you have to understand that I panicked. I never would have wanted for that to happen. Everything seemed to have been going perfect for me ever since I met you, not just for me but for the both of us and I couldn't bare the thought of having you leave that long." I tell her truthfully. 

"That long? Hero, I was going to be gone for a semester, no more than fifteen weeks. Your Job requires you to be away constantly, a job you will probably have for many years to come. That is no excuse. Do you think I like it when you leave? No I don't Hero, I don't. I miss you like crazy and it sucks that I still do. I really miss you Hero, I fucking do." After a year, she's finally back in my arms, sobbing uncontrollably, but still in my arms.

"I'm so sorry Valeria. I really am love." We're both crying messes not daring to let go of one another.