Ice-skating|Thorki

I skated across the rink, my arms gracefully yet loosely spread in the air, my chin up, and my legs making very little effort to send me gliding across the ice. I was all alone on the rink with my mom watching me, taking note of my skills. I became aware of another two gazes settling on my figure, so I amped up my performance.

I picked up speed before throwing myself into the air, spinning before landing with hardly a sound and resuming, a broad, happy smile etched onto my face. It's been a while since I've done that.

I performed my last performance before posing the way I always do at the end of an ice performance. My hands loosely spread behind me, my arms at a forty-five degree angle with my body, my legs crossed, but straight as I could get them, my back foot pointed and my face up towards the ceiling of the rink, where the spotlights would have been set up.

My mom started clapping, just like she always does when I've just done a performance. And then there was cheering from one of the other people who were watching.

I opened my eyes to see a blonde-haired man with a golden tan clapping and cheering. I smiled my perfected stage smile at him before skating over to the glass near where he was sitting. He eagerly came down the bleachers to meet me.

"Hi!" The blonde grinned.

"Hullo." I replied, fighting a genuine smile. "What's your name?"

"I'm Thor!"

"I'm Loki Laufeyson. Pleased to meet you, Thor."

"Wow, you really are the awesome British ice skater that was in the Winter Olympics last week! I'm your biggest fan..."

"Well, in that case, as I was just getting off the ice, would you like to go to Starbucks with me for a coffee?" I asked, letting my glamour come off as I got off my skates. Thor gaped at the sight of my red eyes and blue skin. "What? 'Cat got your tongue?" I asked bitterly.

"N-no, but I am a little surprised that you use a glamour. It looked so natural when you weren't blue." Thor admitted.

"Oh. Well, this is only temporary. It only happens whenever I'm cold." I retorted. "So. Why did you come here?"

"I've been here since the hockey practice earlier. I play hockey on the Valkyries." Thor explained, causing me to smile at his flushed face. He was embarrassed, but he looked pleased with himself.

I hurried off to the locker room after saying a quick "I'll be right back" so I could change into warmer clothing.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

When I got back to the bleachers, Thor was still there and talking to my mom. I wandered up to them, my awkwardness practically radiating off of me.

"Uh. I'm back." I announced, causing Thor's infectious smile to reappear, causing me to flush and smile back a little.

"Let us go then, Loki." Thor said, standing up. "Let's go out on our coffee date."

"It's not-" I protest before interrupting myself. "Well...maybe it is at this point..."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I have to say, I did enjoy several more dates with Thor before we were official.

We're boyfriends now.