Paws|WinterIron

A/N: hi everyone. I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating lately, but here's an update. Again-I'm very very sorry. This is a celebration of the 8.3K reads that are on this book. I decided to try something different, so I went with WinterIron because...why keep hating on the Tin Can Man? Told from Tony's point of view. As you might tell, this is about a werewolf because I'm a sucker for Werewolf!Bucky.

"Hey~ c'mon, puppy~ time to wake up~" I whispered in my partner's ear. "Today's the big day, you gotta get up~ Peggy made us pancakes~"

Bucky, in response, burrowed his face deeper into the pillow. "Don't call me that..." he grumbled sleepily. I stubbornly started to pull the blankets off of him, earning loud protests from him.

"Stooppp!! The blankets have claimed me as their own and if I leave now, I betray them!!" Bucky screeched. I managed to get the covers off of the stubborn man, confiscating them until later(after breakfast) and half carried half dragged Bucky to the kitchen table for breakfast.

Bucky was never a morning person, despite what people perceived of him. He may have liked the taste of the morning air as he went on a jog and really loved the food prepared in the morning, but really, he hated the getting up part. I almost never fall asleep in bed with Bucky, instead falling asleep at my desk at 2am instead. Bucky retrieves me at around 3am and we kinda spoon for about six hours, half asleep. Once you get us both awake, it isn't so bad. We don't grumble as much about getting up because there is breakfast that needs to be consumed.

Bucky destroyed several pancakes with how fast he ate them before cleaning up his plate somewhat aggressively. I fixed him with a stern look that warned him that he might end up chained later that night and Bucky sheepishly put the plate down carefully.

---------

All throughout the day, Bucky refused to leave my side. I thought it was a little bit cute for an aggressive soldier with a really bad attitude. Then the hour came. I led Bucky down to the basement and gently closed the bars, leaving a chaste kiss on the soldier's forehead as the dark male started growling from deep in his chest. I snuck away so Bucky couldn't hurt me.

Then Bucky started to transform into a wolf, whining and growling and barking a little bit more than he should. Why's this time more painful for him? I asked myself.What happened to him that's making him in this much pain?

Bucky suddenly collapsed on his side, the wolf side of him emerging. I watched through the bars as coarse fur covered my boyfriend's tanned skin and a pair of ears atop his head came alive, twitching a little bit before swiveling back against his head. A tail swished against the floor and his stomach extended a little bit. I gasped slightly at the sight of the majestic omega wolf as Bucky eased onto his paws and started to circle the basement. I couldn't help but gasp every time Bucky transformed. Bucky looked ruggedly handsome as a man, but as a wolf? Fucking beautiful.

The omega wolf plodded up to to the bars and stuck his nose through for me to pet. I, being the person I am, happily rubbed Bucky's fur, whispering to the wolf that I loved him however he was. Bucky whimpered a little bit, displaying his belly for me to see. I reached through the bars, carefully rubbing it so that Bucky knew I was there and wouldn't bite me as I started to check the wolf's stomach.

"Hey honey, is this why you're in pain? Is it just your stomach?" I asked the wolf. The wolf, being able to speak, whined out a yes. I continued my check-up: "Are you still in pain?"

"A little bit. It's an odd sensation." Bucky growled in the least threatening way. I asked him to elaborate, so Bucky continued: "It feels like there's something growing."

"Do you think you're gonna be stuck like this, Bucky?" I whispered.

"Maybe. I'm hoping not." Bucky growled back softly. I scratched behind Bucky's ears, trying not to let tears slip down my cheeks at the thought of Bucky being stuck like this. Bucky knew what I was thinking and scooted closer to the bars to press his nose against my thigh. "It'll be okay, Tony. We'll be okay. I'm gonna be okay, but most importantly you are okay."