Chapter 12

I always watched over you from afar,
Because you seemed like my love.
I thought you felt the same way,
Although you were looking somewhere else.
- My Love, Lee Hi

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jin:

Your cooking is amazing Jin. That day everyone was saying that they haven't had food like that since grandma. Taehyung-shi said but I could just stare at his face. It feels like something is stuck in my throat that I will stop breathing at any moment. I just smile and nod at everything he is saying.

Seokjin?  A voice calling my name. But it's not taehyung. A man standing on my right looking at me waiting for my response. You are Kim Seokjin, right?  The man asked again. I stood up in my seat.

Yes, I am. Who are- Seojun hyung?? I was shocked to see a familiar face.

It is you. He hugged me suddenly. Oh My God! Jin why did you disappear like that without saying anything. Then we heard taehyung clearing his throat and I wiggled out of the hug. Taehyung-shi was looking at us as if he was waiting for the introduction.

Hyung, this is Kim taehyung. He is a-

I am 'the boyfriend'. Taehyung-shi cutting my words. Saying I was shocked would be an understatement.

Oh, I am Park Seojun. Nice to meet you Taehyung. I am jinnie's hyung and his childhood friend. He said smiling just like when we're kids.

Hyung what are you doing here? I asked as he suddenly appeared in front of me after almost 11 years. Just a company dinner. But then I saw passing by. I can't believe you're in front of me. He said sincerely. Same here hyung. I got emotional seeing someone from my past life reminded me of good days.

I believe you're on a date. Let's catch up sometime Jinnie I have so many things to ask. I think deserve to know why best friend left me like that. I nodded in response looking at my shoes. He handed me his phone.

Give me your number. I saved my number in his phone as I could see he was in a hurry as well.

I won't disturb you guys. Enjoy your date. Hyung said looking at me and taehyung-shi. Bye Jinnie see you next time. Bye hyung. I said and sat down to see taehyung-shi glaring.

So who was he? He asked.

Seojun hyungie is my childhood friend. He was my senior when I was in middle school. We lived in the same neighbourhood before everything changed. I explained.

Oh. I can see his expression change into soft. I didn't like him. He looked a little weird. Taehyung-shi said looking in hyung's direction. I was shocked hearing those words not knowing how to respond I chose to remain silent. After that, we did not speak that much even the car ride was silent.

Goodnight taehyung-shi. I said as we reached home but he went straight to the mansion leaving me alone. What did I do? 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung:

Jinnie? Jinnie? Arrrghhhh.... he is not 'just a friend'. I don't look at my friends with that kind of sick puppy love face. But why am I even thinking about this? Jin did not even look at him like that. Yeah, he is not like others. But why did he gave him his number? I threw myself on the bed kicking my air in feet irritated.