Chapter 27

It feels like days. It could be weeks. I don't know, but it sure as hell feels like it's been a heck of a long time since I've been here. I know that's the case for most of the other people who are here but none of them are in my predicament. They don't have a baby growing inside of them to think about and who is being deprived of the key nutrients they need to survive.

Yes, they give us some food but it's more like scraps. Scraps you'd give your dog after you've finished eating your dinner but you couldn't finish everything because you're too full. Even if it was decent food they'd give us, I wouldn't put it past them to have it laced with something that will slowly kill us. I don't even take the water they give to us to keep our fluids up. Willingly, that is.

I've had Terence physically pour water into my mouth and had him keep my mouth closed until I swallowed the liquid. It's not a pretty sight and for all Allison has been hounding me to stop resisting mainly the water, I still don't want to take anything they give to me.

I've had enough of this. I've grown sick and tired of their stupid games with us and their plan. They're doing nothing to help the fucking 'plan' along so everything is now a waiting game for them and us. No one knows the next move and it's becoming more of a torture than anything else.

"Are you sure he's not with her?" Nadia walks quickly from the room she's been hauled up in since arriving here and walks to the car that Terence has been using to get around. "Is anyone there? You're sure? I'm on my way."

I glance over at her, the muscles in my neck getting stiffer from sitting in the same position for a long time. She smiles to herself before making eye contact with me. She stares long and hard before sauntering over to me with a sly grin on her face.

"The look on your face is telling me that you're wanting to know what's going on." She circles me three times, debating what to say, before crouching down at my right side. I turn my head away from her. "You've been here for a total of five days if you were wondering about that little fact. Luca is going out his mind trying to find you and in doing so, he's let his guard down with Louisa."

I tilt my head to the side. Bitch.

"She's been taken to a park to some park for the afternoon. A park both you and Luca apparently know well."

I rest my head back and close my eyes with a small shake of my head. Shit.

"Or so that's what our tailing of Luca and your family tells us."

I open my eyes and look back at her. Excuse me?

"You see, Luca has been going to Farnham Park and just sitting in his car. Most likely hoping that you'll be there and he'll see you." She sighs heavily. "Shame he won't but it would be so funny to see him get his hopes up over potentially seeing you. No, he's around three to five miles off the mark from that one, give or take the route you take." She pats me on the head like she's petting a dog before running her hand down my hair. I cower away from her touch and she sighs heavily. "I'm not a bad person, Kaylee."

I want to scoff but I can't find it in myself to do it. I don't have the energy to do anything anymore other than to try and see this stupid thing through and hope that I'll at least get to see Luca's face again.

If she wasn't a bad person, she wouldn't have done everything she's done. She wouldn't be keeping countless people hauled up in some barn or garage so she could get her daughter back. She wouldn't have had a baby with someone who has money just so she can walk back into his life years later whenever she felt like it. She'd be sane and I wouldn't be feeling the urge to constantly hit her because of all the bad things she's done.