V

Amelia sat in the unbearable plastic hospital chair, the lower half of her body numb from sitting on it. The call had come a few hours ago that Wendy was awake, so here she sat watching Wendy cry and eat the red jello a nurse had brought in while not a word had been spoken between the two sisters.

"Gemma paid me a visit." Amelia broke the silence, sick of hearing Wendy's cries and slurping of jello. It was equally if not more unbearable than the chair.

"Wha- What did she want?" Wendy's head snapped up, her watery hazel eyes meeting Amelia's tired green ones. You didn't need to know Wendy to know the fear in her voice and eyes were evident.

Amelia opened her mouth to form a response, but before the words could even find their way out a knock on the door interrupted her. Not knowing who was on the other side made Amelia's stomach churn, the logical part of her knew it was a nurse or doctor but the anxiety, illogical part thought of Opie standing there on the other side. Her green eyes were glued to the door like it was a car wreck she couldn't look away from. The brunette's breathing becoming labored, it felt like time had slowed down and whoever was on the other side of the door was purposely taking a lifetime to open it.

"Hi, Wendy." Tara Knowles stepped into the obnoxiously illuminated hospital room, her eyes landing on Amelia for a moment before turning her attention back to Wendy. "How are you feeling?" She questioned with a tense smile on her face.

"Like shit." Wendy laughed.

Amelia's breath began to normalize once she saw it was only Tara. Thankful to see it was only the prying doctor that entered the room. "When can she leave, doc?" The question left the younger brunette's mouth immediately. She didn't want to hear any painful awkward small tall ensue between the two woman who were both in love with Jax Teller.

"Um," Tara looked down at the chart in her hands. "I would like Wendy to stay for another 48 hours to keep her monitored." She smiled at Wendy, ignoring the icy emerald eyes that focused on her.

"Is that really necessary?" Amelia questioned, running her chipped nail polished fingers through her hair. "She is okay now, right?"

"Yes." Tara nodded, placing her stethoscope on Wendy's chest. "But it's better to keep her monitored for another 48 hours." Tara explained. "Better to be safe than sorry." She looked at Amelia, her eyes daring the younger Case sister to keep questioning her medical decisions.

"Hey doc," Wendy called Tara's attention away from Amelia. "look at us the two women who look Jax Teller, could we be anymore on the opposite of the shit spectrum." Wendy let out a sad excuse for a laugh.

Amelia grabbed her purse from its spot by her boot clad feet, and stood up from the stupid plastic chair. This conversation was her cue to leave. She didn't want to be in here letting her body go even more numb as the two other women talked about their lives, and their love for Jax. Especially since all three of them knew Jax would always love Tara, and even marrying Wendy did nothing to change that.

"I'm gonna let you get some rest." Amelia turned towards Wendy, her hand resting on the cold metal handle. "I'll come by tomorrow."

"Okay." Wendy nodding, putting something that looked like a smile on her face.

Amelia opened the door and quickly left the room not bothering with a goodbye. Her leather boots echoed across the shiny white titled floor as she made her way towards the nearest exit. She needed a cigarette and a drink.

///

The couch creaked as Amelia sat down on it, it being a welcoming comfort from the hospital chair. A dusty box of forgotten memories sat by her gray socked feet, a nearly empty glass of rum and coke sat on the coffee table the ice cubes clinking together as they melted, watering what was left of the drink down.

A ghost of a smile sat on her face as she thumbed through the old photos, ones of her and Wendy as teenagers with smiles on their faces as they hugged their mother, ones of her and Wendy as kids opening Christmas presents. Amelia let out a sigh as she looked back on the memories, the times she could actually stand to be around Wendy.

"Fuck." She groaned, a sadness creeping into her raspy voice. The photo in her hands was one she had long forgotten about, one she thought was destroyed after everything that happened. She moved the photo closer to her eyes, they were in love it was clear on their faces. Opie had his arms wrapped around her waist, and she leaned back against him with her head on his chest. It was their first photo together, and Amelia knew it was the happiest she had ever been.

A knock on the door pulled her away from the memories. She placed the photo down and drank down the rest of the watery rum and coke. Amelia took a deep breath, running a hand through her dark hair, she wasn't expecting anyone but this was Charming, you never knew who was going to show up at your doorstep.

"Hey, Jax." Amelia looked at the blonde, blue eyed biker with curiosity. Jax was one to usually text her first before he stopped by. "Come in." She stepped aside to let him in.

"Hey, Mia." A tired smile on his face. "I'm not gonna be long." He made no attempt to walk into the house.

Amelia watched him with weary eyes. "Is everything okay? Is Abel okay?"

Yeah, darlin'. " Jax nodded.

The crickets could be heard as it grew silent between the two. They stared at each other, waiting for one another to break the silence.

"You need to tell Opie you're here. He needs to know, and if you can't tell him I will." Jax broke the silence first with his firm voice, rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke.

Amelia could feel the anxiety building inside of her. She wanted nothing more than to close the door in his face and hide under the blankets. She wanted nothing more than to go back in time and never answer his phone call, never say yes to coming back to Charming. Amelia knew Jax wasn't lying, he would tell Opie. She was surprised it too him this long to make the ultimatum.

"He has nothing to do with why I'm here." Her voice broke as she spoke. "I'm not here to dig up the past, it's been buried a long time Jax." She couldn't help but thing of the photo that sat in the dust covered box.

"It's time to start digging it back up, Mia." Jax walked away leaving her standing in the threshold with a million thoughts racing through her mind. Was Jax right? Was it really time to start digging up the past? Amelia didn't see any good that could come from it, it would only open old wounds some that hadn't even healed all the way.