III

(I don't own Sons of Anarchy)

\\\

The sunlight peeked in through the windows, waking Amelia. Well, that and the persistent knocking coming from the front door. She was so busy cleaning last night that she didn't even remember falling asleep.

The raggedy old couch practically screamed profanities at her as she got up. Amelia's bones felt old as she walked slowly towards the worn wooden door. She wrapped a hand around the door knob turning it slowly while running her free hand through her tangled mess of hair.

          Her anxiety was kicking in, she knew who was behind that door. She knew once she opened it there was no going back. Charming and her old life would no longer be a distant memory.

           "Hey stranger."  Jax Teller stood on the other side of the threshold, a cigarette dangling from his lips and a tired variation of his infamous smirk on his face.

           "Hey." She tried to muster up at least some kind of smile, but neither her face or anxiety wouldn't let her. It had been years since Amelia saw Jax, and when she left he wasn't exactly her biggest fan. He looked the same in Amelia's opinion. He looked a bit older though, as if the weight of the world on his shoulders. Something Wendy had a part in.

           The floor creaked as Jax stepped inside the house. Amelia closed the door behind him, watching as he took in the familiar surroundings. A silence fell between them heightening her anxiety.

            "Shit." Jax mumbled. He ran a hand over his stubbled chin. "It still looks exactly the same in here." Jax stated finally breaking the silence.

            "Yeah." Amelia nodded her head, while raking her fingers through yet another knot in her hair. "Well minus a few things." She added dryly, thinking about all the shit that was cleaned up just a few hours ago.

              "How's life in St. Louis?" Jax questioned.

               "Louisiana." Amelia corrected. Finally surrendering and put her hair into a messy bun.

               "What?" Jax finally turned to face her, a puzzled look on his face. "Wendy said.." He started, letting unspoken words hang in the air.

Amelia rolled her dark green eyes. Wendy wasn't exactly reliable when it came to information, or really anything for that matter.

              "Well, Wendy is a junkie." She spoke matter of factly. She just wanted to change the subject. She didn't want to talk about her shitty life with anyone especially Jax.