VII

Freddie Mercury's soothing voice floated through the speakers of Amelia's El Camino, the clock on the dashboard reading 1:15 am

Freddie Mercury's soothing voice floated through the speakers of Amelia's El Camino, the clock on the dashboard reading 1:15 am. She had been driving around the deserted streets of Charming for the past couple of hours, unable to get the visit from Jax off of her mind. After Jax left she packed up her suitcase and threw it into the trunk of her car, ready to get the fuck out of Charming. She had over stayed her welcome, yet instead of leaving she found herself chain smoking and driving the dimly lit roads of the small town.

Amelia ran a hand through her dark hair as she stopped the car at a red light, her chipped nail polished fingers tapped against the steering wheel. She took a look at herself in the small mirror, her green eyes looked dull and tired, her skin looked paler than usual. The brunette shook her head and looked away from her reflection, moving again once the light changed.

All lights were off as she pulled up to the small house. She shut off the car quickly and lit up her last cigarette, the nicotine calming her nerves. Amelia's green eyes focused on the dark house, smoke escaping from her mouth as she let out a sad sigh. The night she first met Opie began to play in her mind like a movie, she would always remember that night. It was engraved into her brain like a tattoo.

•••

Wendy had somehow convinced Amelia to attend one of SAMCRO's notorious parties. The younger Case sister wasn't sure why she agreed to go, she knew Wendy would spend most of the night drunk and trying to catch Jax Teller's attention. Amelia sat on the ripped leather couch, an untouched bottle of beer in her hands, another reason Wendy begged for her to come tonight, she knew Amelia didn't like to drink in large crowds of people she didn't know, hence she could be Wendy's designated driver.

The brunette sat back on the couch, wondering how many people had fucked on it and how recently. She shook the thoughts from her head immediately, her green eyes searching for Wendy. She found her at the bar downing shots and rubbing Jax's arm, a drunken smile on her face. Amelia rolled her eyes and began pealing the label back from the bottle, there was other things she could be doing with her Friday night besides watching her sister get wasted and try to fuck the Prince of Charming.

"Sexually frustrated?" A voice asked, taking over the empty spot next to her. Amelia turned her eyes away from Wendy to look at the stranger who was sitting a little too close for her comfort. The brunette raised an eyebrow at the dark curly haired stranger with crazy looking ocean blue eyes. He had a kutte on, a patch she couldn't make out in the dim lighting was stitched onto it.

"That's what they say, you know? When you peal the label off a beer bottle that's you're doing it because you're sexually frustrated." He explained, moving closer towards her. "And sweetheart, I'd love to help you out with that." He whispered into her ear.

"No." Amelia placed her beer bottle down and stood up from the couch, making sure to elbow his ribs a bit as she did. She needed some air and a fucking cigarette.

"Your loss doll." He shrugged, pulling a scantily clad woman into his lap before she could walk past him.

The cool air was a nice welcome from the hot, stuffy, and loud clubhouse. She was thankful there were only a handful of people outside and none seemed to notice, or care about her presence. Amelia sat down on the empty picnic table, pulling a box of cigarettes from her denim jacket and quickly lighting one, closing her eyes she took a long drag from it.

"You got any extra?"

Amelia looked up at the tall figure that stood in front of her. She had seen him around before, she knew he was Jax's best friend. They did live in a small town after all. It wasn't hard to find out who was who in a place like Charming. Especially when it involved SAMCRO. "Here." She pulled a cigarette from the box and held it out towards him.

"Thanks." He smiled, taking it and quickly lighting it up. "Not enjoying the party?"

"No." She said quickly. "My sister convinced me to come." Amelia watched him nod at her words, a silence grew between them, she wouldn't necessarily call it an uncomfortable one. They were just too busy smoking and enjoying the silence to bother with small talk. After a few minutes she let out a deep breath and stubbed our the now shortened cigarette, she hoped Wendy was almost ready to leave, because Amelia didn't feel like staying for much longer.

"You don't have to go back in you know?" I mean my company might not be much better, but it's something." He laughed.

"I don't even know your name." Amelia pointed out as she pulled out two new cigarettes. It wasn't a complete lie. She had heard his name in passing, never really giving it a second thought.

"Opie."

"Opie? Is that your real name?" She raised an eyebrow, holding a cigarette out to him.

"Maybe." He shrugged, saying a 'Thanks' before taking the fresh cigarette from her fingers.

It's crazy the impact a person can make in your life in just a few hours, and that's exactly what Opie did to Amelia that night.

////

Amelia tossed her cigarette out of the car window and took a deep breath. She opened the car door and slowly got out, stretching her legs. The door slammed behind her and she winced hoping the sound didn't wake him up, a sigh of relief passed her lips once she saw no lights turn on inside the house.

The brunette walked slowly up towards the dark house, hoping he wasn't home. Maybe he was out on a run, or at the clubhouse, or really just anywhere but here. She brought her hand up, taking a breath and debating about running back to her car and just leaving, just getting the fuck out of there and never coming back. It wouldn't be the first time she ran away from her problems. She closed her eyes and knocked against the door, she knew if she didn't do this now then Jax would, and Amelia couldn't have Jax do her dirty work again.

The door swung open with such a force it blew Amelia's hair around her face. She opened her eyes to see Opie's tall figure standing there with a gun at his side. His hair was longer and so was his beard, his eyes blinked a few times, and Amelia wasn't sure weather it was because he was in shock, or because she had most likely woke him up.

"Hi, Harry."