Ch. 4

Remus bounced out of Roman's room. Roman had reluctantly given him some tips on how to act more like him, and Remus realized what a terrible job he was doing. "Hey Roman?" Patton called from the couch.

"Yes, Padre?" Remus responded, bouncing down the stairs and plopping next to Patton.

"What movie do you think we should have for movie night?" Patton asked.

"We should watch every single Disney movie!" Remus laughed, clapping his hands together. Patton smiled brightly.

"Kiddo, as much as I want to do that, we have to pick only one." Patton shook his head fondly. Remus rubbed his chin.

"Um...how about...The Lion King?" Remus suggested. He personally liked the part where they ate the bugs, and he knew Roman liked the songs. It was a win-win!

Patton lit up even more. "Good idea!" Patton beamed. "Say, isn't that the movie you and Virgil bonded over?"

Remus perked up. Roman hadn't told him about this. "It is!" Remus smirked.

"...you still remember that...?" Remus jumped. He spun around and saw Virgil standing behind the couch.

---

"By the way, Mr. Gloom asked me about something you did before leaving. May I ask what he meant?" Remus asked his brother.

Roman turned bright red. "What did he ask?!"

"Why you did it." Remus rose a brow, intrigued by Roman's reaction.

"WHAT DID YOU ANSWER?!" Roman asked, standing up.

"I said that you did it on a whim. It sure seemed to upset him." Remus shrugged. Roman was even more red, but this time with rage.

"YOU BUFFOON!"

---

Remus smirked, remembering how flustered his brother became at the mention of the emo. "Did I scare you, Princey?" Virgil asked sarcastically.

"You truly must warn me before you pop up." Remus stood up and grabbed Virgil by the hand. "I must prepare myself before facing such beauty."

Remus figured he might as well do his lovesick brother one favor.

Virgil choked, his face bright red. "What the hell?" Virgil asked. Patton gasped, an excited expression overtaking his face.

"That was awful." Logan said. Everyone jumped, having not heard him enter.

"It was awful, but really cute!" Patton giggled.

"What's gotten into you?" Virgil asked Remus. Remus smirked.

"Whatever do you mean? Am I not allowed to appreciate beauty when I see it?" Remus placed a kiss on Virgil's hand.

It felt weird and he didn't like it. "The things I will do for my brother..." Remus thought to himself. This whole ordeal felt cringey and wrong, but Remus kept going for Roman's sake.

Virgil was flustered. "Is this a lucid dream...?" Virgil asked himself.

"Aw, you dream about me?" Remus tilted his head. Virgil covered his mouth, apparently not aware he had said that out loud.

"Sh-Shut up." Virgil stammered, burying his face in his hoodie. Remus released a fake laugh.

---

Roman sat by himself in his room. He wasn't quite sure why he let Remus continue to look for the source of his problem. Perhaps it was the small part of him that wanted the other sides to know he wasn't okay.