chapter 3-where do we go from here.

It was the morning after me and august hooked up. I was still asleep and woke up to find myself Alone in the bed. I knew this shit would happen. So fucking stupid. I thought. I ran downstairs to get to my car then I smelled breakfast. It was August cooking. My dumb ass. I thought he left me....in his own house.

August: well, well where you going? Leave me on the first date?

Me: nah actually I thought you'd do that to ME. like you do to these other girls.

August: see. Every time I try to do anything nice for a girl and show her I'm really feeling her she think I'm tryna play her. You too good for a nigga  or sum?

Me: its not that.... Its

August: "I got my guard up and I don't wanna get hurt like the last time " all that crap. It dont matter anymore. I'll talk to you later or something.

I left out feeling like a little kid who just got yelled at by her mother. Did he really mean it.. Or he just fucking with me.
. I wasn't sure. But I had to go pick up my baby girl cause I missed her.

I picked harmony  up from my Grandma Fay house.

"mommy !!!"

"Hi baby! I missed you so much!"

She ran to me & I picked her up and swung her around. She was my motivation. Everything I did was for her. I grind for her. I make money for her. Just to give her what I never had. Everything she ever wanted.

We went back to our house and watched Cinderella movies all day up until night. It was 10:00PM when I woke up. We fell asleep on the couch. I picked harmony and took her to her room. I closed the door shut and got in the shower. I was thinking while standing under the hot steaming water. Thinking about my life and last night. He won't even call me after that. I feel so stupid. I got out the shower and dried my hair with my drying towel. I loved my hair and I loved being mixed. Hair all the way down to my butt. I didn't need weave, I just chose to wear it. I put on my big white T-shirt and my black love pink work out shorts and just scrolling on my instagram. All of a sudden I got a call.

Me: hello?

august: he where you at?

me: home why?
At that moment I felt kinda special. I wasn't some jump off to him I was somebody he could actually chill and settle down with. Maybe.

August: thinking about coming over... I wanna spend time with you. I jut finished my last show. I was thinking about you all day.

Me: awwwwn , well Harmony's asleep so I guess you can come.  I got so damn happy smiling from ear to ear.

August: ite I'll see you in about 30 minutes.

Me: alright.