chapter 5 - Here we are.

We got out the car after pulling up in front of his mamas house. I paused for a minute.

"You good, ma? "

"yeah...Im fine...."

"don't sound like it.."

august came next to me and pulled me close to him. He must've read my mind. He laugh and kissed my forehead. "You gon be good ite ? Don't sweat it she gon love you "

Honestly I didn't believe that. It went through one ear and out the other. He smacked his lips and grabbed my hand because I couldn't move.  He rang the doorbell and three little girls came running answering the door eagerly.

"UNCLE AUG!"

"WE MISSED YOU"

"WHO THIS UNCLE AUG?"

I felt August looking at me looking for what to say.

"My girlfriend.  Go introduce yaselfs and ima go look for mama "

All there beautiful girls dressed in dresses that were all white.

"how you doin? I'm Kay Kay! " She was so sassy. She looked just like August. Of course, that is her uncle. "These are my sisters, I mean duh its obvious. "

They were So polite and funny. They pulled me to the couch and immediately started asking me questions.

"How do you know uncle aug"

"Well we met at an event.. After that we became close friends.

"Are you guys married"

"What about babies? "

"How old are you?"

"Is your hair real?!"

August peeked around the corner and I hopped up eagerly.

"Your nieces should be detectives cause they sure grilled the hell out of me. "

He laughed and guided me to the kitchen where his mama was cooking at.

"You throwin' down mama! Young nigga gon go in!"

August attempted to get a piece of apple pie but his mama slapped his hand which left him with a sour look on his face.

"Boy you know better than that ! Ya aint to old to be beat now ya hear!" He smacked his lips and crossed his arms like a little baby. I laughed which caused his mama to look back at me. I felt a hot hole burning into my face.

"Well hello. And you are ?"

"Mama. "

"Boy hush now. Im just wondering to know who she is."

"Ma girl. Now can we eat nah?"

His mama gave him a side eye to signal him to shut up. "I'm Sierra.  Nice to meet you. "

I put my hand out for her to shake. But instead she hugged Me. Thank God. I thought I was in for the worse.

"I'm mama August. Nice to meet you sweetheart. " She gave me a potato to start peeling.

"Look at ma ladies cookin' fa me that's love right thea "

we told august to leave the room so we could talk. Get to know each other. Great another woman to be grilled buy with thousands of questions .

"So. How you meet my son?"

I was hesitant to say the Club. I didnt want her to think I was some jump off that her son met at the club. But i wasn't gon lie.

"The club.."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah..."

------------------------------------------------

After we at the food, we had desert. August had the appetite of 4 pregnant women. I looked at him laughing, admiring him even more.

"So sierra. Tell me about yourself. Ya dating my baby boy, I needa know sum bout ya. "

I didn't have anything to say for at least 4O seconds. Damn, I don't know who I am. I can't think if anything to say.

After a long break if silence I

finally started talking.

"Well I'm 20 yrs old. I'm a college student. I live in Atlanta and I have a 6yr old daughter name Harmony. "

His mother looked like she saw a ghost.

"Daughter?"

------------------------------------------

August POV.

I looked up when I heard silence after sierra told ma mama she hada lil daughter. I cleared my throat just to stop the awkward silence.

"So.. Mama. How was- "

She cut me off wit ha hand up and ha head down as if she was askin' God for strength afta what she jus heard. 

"August Anthony Alsina. Can we talk for a minute? Help me with the dishes boy. "

I got up already knowin' I'm finna hear hella shit about dating a woman with a child.

She grabbed ma ear and punched my arm. She may be little n I may be tall as hell but she got hella arm fa a short lady. I told Sierra to go upstairs to settle in. Even though she knew what ma mama was gonna say to me, she obeyed.

"Mama. Please. I kno whatcha thinkin. But I promise you she-"

"She ain't what Anthony?! You think you ready to be a daddy to that woman's baby? You 22 yrs old!"

I looked down shakin ma head..I knew she was pissed but I really love Sierra. And I aint bouta let my moms tell me what I ain't ready to do. I gotta accept Harmony if I wanna date Sierra.

"Mama I kno, trust me I do. But I aint finna abandon sierra just cause she gotta lil girl in ha life. I told ha I'm rockin with ha and that's what ima continue to do."

She looked at me with ha hand on ha hip and ha otha one restin ona counter. She sighed and guided me to the table.

"August I know you THINK you can handle this woman and that baby. But ya just a baby yaself. How you gon take care of a grown woman, a child.... And you ?".

I looked down in guilt. I knew ma mama was right. I had to admit to maself that yea I was a yungin and I ain't ready fa no baby.

"No ma I ain't ready..."