Mela to the Rescue

Melamin (私の愛)

Notes: Last filler chapter for now. Have the next 5 chapters planned. Next chapter, a somewhat major character will be killed off. Can you guess who?

Opening: Me Against the World-Nightcore

Chapter Nine: Mela to the Rescue

Kensui gaped as Kalina led him through the castle. She led him down marble tiled hallways and up velvet carpeted stairs and down. They stopped in front of a room. The door was made of gold with intricate markings around the edges. The door sported a jade doorknob.  “This is Mela’s room,” Kalina said, opening the door. “Why don’t you go in?” She pushed him into the room and followed him in. She poked her head out at the guards. “When my sister shows up, don’t let her in without a fight.”

The guards looked at each other, shrugged, and then bowed. “Yes, Your Grace.” They resumed their positions.

“What was that about?” one asked.

“Who knows,” the other one, an older elf, replied. “I just do as I’m told.”

Kalina pulled Kensui through the huge antechamber and into the bedroom proper. “Have a seat on the bed,” she instructed.

“What’s going on?” he questioned.

“You’ll see,” was her only reply, as she closed the bedroom door, and left him alone in the room.

“Why me?” he asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura paced back and forth in front of Astald. She had her hands on her hips and looked extremely upset. Astald just sat there, trying to pretend he wasn’t bored, and stifled a yawn.

“So you’re telling me, after about a month of dating...and....and....other things, that you have to leave for an unknown extended amount of time?!”

“Yes,” Astald admitted. “Unfortunately, my work takes me out of town, so to speak, for certain ‘jobs’.”

“Why can’t I go with you?”

“I can’t explain why, but you would be safer here.”

“So, because of that, you’re breaking up with me?!?!”

“Yes,” he said a bit too frankly.

Her lower lip trembled. “But....I gave myself to you. I let you in in ways I have never let other men in.”

“I can’t say it wasn’t a pleasure, because, believe me, it was......But, I have to do this. Everything I’ve worked for hangs in the balance. I must finish something.”

She began sobbing. “We made love. You promised you’d always be there for me.”

I can see this is going nowhere, Astald thought to himself. “Wanwa Rina.”

Sakura stared at Astald with a glare in her eyes. “Wh-Who are you?” She looked around noticing they were in her bedroom, both of them scantily clad. “Why are you in my house?”

“Kaima.” Astald caught Sakura as she collapsed and laid her on the bed. “Don’t worry, human. I’ve erased your memory of me and just put you to sleep. You’ll wake up thinking it was just another boring day in your mundane life. Thanks to you, I found what I needed.” He looked at her ring. “That Kensui boy could be a threat. Assa!” A portal appeared and he stepped into it.