High School Blues

Melamin (私の愛)

Opening: Me Against the World-Nightcore

A dark elven figure stood over the Elven Star. The orb was placed on a golden pedestal with crystal lacing. The lacing continued above the orb and curved in several places. "Finally, Eldamar will be mine." He reached towards the orb and it raised up into the air. "Wha-?" Then it winked out of existence. "No!" he exclaimed. "Elaista!" He examined the magic where the orb had been. "A portal spell? But to where?"

Two elven guards burst into the room. They looked at the room, then one turned and left. The other one confronted the cloaked figure.

"No time to play," he said. "Assa!" A portal appeared and he stepped through it.

Moments later, Followede by one of the guards, four other elves; a male and three females, one of them an adult; rushed into the room in their nightclothes. 

"Did you get them?" the male asked the guard.

"No, Sire!"

"Did you see who it was?"

"No, Sire! It was dark and they were cloaked. I'm sorry. I failed you."

"I'm sure you did your best," one of the younger girls said. "Why don't you take the night off?"

"Elaista!" the adult female exclaimed as the guard left the room. She studied all the magic in the room. "Well, there's a portal over here to the Beyonds. And another portal to..." she gasped. "THE HUMAN WORLD!!!!"

"I must go after it!" the male declared.

"No," the adult female said. "With this new crisis, the elves will need their king for assurance. And he will need his queen for support."

"Then I'll go," the youngest girl said.

"You are too young," the other girl said. "As Crown Princess, it is my duty, obligation, and responsibility."

The king looked unsure. He hesitated for a few seconds. "Fine," he breathed. "So be it. Make all the necessary preparations. Be careful though. The human world is a dangerous place." Then all of them left but the oldest of the younger girls. She looked at the pedestal with determination in her eyes.

Chapter One: High School Blues

Harumi Osinaka stretched on the track field during gym, her brown hair dancing in the breeze. The track field had a paved track that formed a circle, with grass and equipment in the middle, surrounded by a chain link fence. She reached down and touched her toes on her right foot. "One." She straigthened back up and then reached down and touched her toes on her left foot. "One." She then redid the cycle increasing the count by one each time. A small blue light came swirling down from the overhead sky and landed on her head and sank in.

"Huh?" she asked, scratching her head. "What was that?" She looked around and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Harumi shrugged and went back to what she was doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satomu Furikawa stretched in the back of the art room. He picked up his pencil, looked at his drawing and scratched his bright red hair. It was a giant mecha punching a dragon into space using a giant drill. A blue light floated through the window, landed on his back and vanished. He stopped for a second, looked at the picture and began erasing some. "Let's make the drill BIGGER!!!!!" he exclaimed, drawing excitedly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ushio Kaonji was asleep in the library, her pink hair draped around her. "I knew you loved me, Satomu. I love you too. Hmmmmmm....." she murmured.