A New Beginning

Melamin (私の愛)

Opening: Me Against the World-Nightcore

Chapter Sixteen: A New Beginning

"Huine?!" Kalina gasped. "But you were sealed away before time itself!"

"That elf, Astald." Huine grinned. "He searched for me and I let him make a pact with me. I lent him my power, but in exchange, unknown to him, for each use, he dries up his soul. Once his soul is gone, I can use his body any way I please. Thank you so much for drying his soul out, I've waited too long for that to happen. Now, I finally have a form!"

"So he used the powers of chaos to sneak into elven ranks..." Mela looked gloomy. "And now his soul is gone. Astald sold his soul to the devil to achieve his goals."

"Such a great feeling!" Huine pointed up to the sky. "Now let's see if my powers are still good!" His finger balanced a tiny ball of light. It started to shine bright like a miniature sun.

Mela quickly casted a barrier over herself, Kensui and Kalina.

The ball exploded and created a blast so large that it claimed the entire battlefield. Ushio managed to quickly do the same as Mela and protect herself and Satomu, however, the rest of the elven army weren't so lucky.

As it died down, the entire battlefield was a barren land. Huine's aura was so strong that it was literally pressing the survivors against the ground.

"Excellent!" Huine cheered. "Now I can finally merge Eldamar with the human world once again and conquer all life under my foot!"

"He's too strong...!" Kensui muttered. "We can't win like this."

Kalina stood up, fighting against the immense pressure of the aura. "No, there is a way." She charged toward Huine, taking slow steps as if to wade through a strong current.

Two sentences echoed in Kensui's mind. "One whose love is true will sacrifice all to reunite the two lovers. One who feels no obligation but loves completely because of their heart."

"She's gathering all her magic for a suicide attack...!" Mela stated in tears. "Stop, Kalina!"

Huine merely stood there with a smile. "Go ahead."

With tears streaming down her cheeks, Kalina kept walking. Kensui... Sister... I've enjoyed the time we spent together, and I've never been happier... I'll always remember every second we've had together...I will see you soon, mom. She closed her eyes. Goodbye, father. Goodbye, stepmother. Goodbye, sister.  She recalled her accidental kiss with Kensui, her first kiss. I love you Kensui.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!" Kensui hugged her from behind. "Please, don't go, Kalina! I don't want anyone more to die, not like this!"

Kalina tried to reason with him. "But the Elven Star said that-"

"Screw what the Elven Star said!" Kensui shouted back. "No one's going to die in front of me, not again! Please!" A thought struck him. "That spell you cast on me when the generals got me! Use that! Replenish my strength and then I'll kick this guy's ass into the next world!"

"But that won't be enough!" Kalina shouted back.

"It will!" Kensui screamed. "Do you believe in me?"

Kalina was left without a response.

"I can defeat him if I'm at full strength!" Kensui shouted. "So trust me!"

Kalina nodded. She cast a spell that bathed Kensui in a soothing green glow. She then fell to her knees, unable to withstand the pressure of Huine's aura.