Kensui vs. Astald

Melamin (私の愛)

Opening: Me Against the World-Nightcore

Chapter Fifteen: Kensui vs. Astald

The four heroes stood together as they looked over at the ominous castle that they figured was their destination. Thunders roared as the grounds below them shook. A massive demon army was approaching.

But to counter that, behind them was their own army. The elven army. The mages cleared a path for them with a powerful combined magic attack.

"Go Kensui!" Satomu shouted. "Ushio and I will assist with the siege on the demon army!"

"Let's go, Kensui!" Kalina pulled him by the hand and ran toward the castle.

"Yeah!" Kensui followed after her. "Just watch us, Mela. We're coming for you!"

The two of them fought off the hordes and hordes of demons as they made their way to the castle. Upon reaching its gates, Kensui slammed the doors wide open.

They stepped into the castle as a figure stood there, waiting for them. As the dust settled, it turned out to be none other than Astald who was waiting for them.

He clapped slowly in a sarcastic manner as the two stood before him. "Bravo, bravo. You made it this far, just as I had hoped. Had you died then and there, my plans would have failed." He picked up a glass of wine from a nearby desk and started to sip on it.

"You bastard..." Kensui was furious. "Where the hell is Mela?!"

"Right there." Astald pointed at a cage that kept Mela locked inside.

"MELAAAAAAAAAA!" Kensui ran toward her cage.

"Blah blah blah, waterworks." Astald groaned at the thought. "I wouldn't try to get her out if I were you, I placed a curse on her that not only seals her abilities, it would also make her feel the pain of a thousand lightning bolts if she were to escape that cage."

"You psycho!" Kalina shouted at him.

Kensui heard that warning but didn't stop. He reached his left hand in and grabbed hers. "Just you wait, Mela. I'll get you out soon. I swear it upon our marriage."

"Kensui..." Mela cried a tear of joy.

He noticed that they didn't have their rings on. "What the?! What happened to our rings?!"

"Right here." Astald took out said ring and balanced it on his index finger. "I annulled your marriage."

"Give that back...!" Kensui approached the elf.

"Rip it out of my dead hands then." Astald looked smug. "For at this moment, Kensui Kusinagi, I challenge you to a Duel of Matrimony."

Kensui didn't even give it a thought. "I accept." He turned to Kalina. "Hey, runt. Lift that curse off Mela. I'll handle Astald."

"Don't call me runt!" Kalina screamed at him as she ran toward the cage.

Kensui closed his eyes and thought to himself. We've come a long way, haven't we? She's worth everything to me. I've come a long way from the antisocial asshole I used to be. I never knew that life could be so fun, so interesting! Before she arrived, I just wanted to make it through high school, live my life and die without being noticed. He opened his eyes once more. But then she appeared and showed me that there was so much to live for. So much I was missing.

"How long do you plan to stand around like that?" Astald asked.

She even fights beside me! He raised his sword and pointed it at his foe. "ASTALD! You are responsible for the death of a dear friend of mine! Her name was Harumi Osinaka! And now..." He gave him a death glare. "You will pay for your crimes. I'm taking Mela back... Because she is MY wife! And I am her man."