History

Melamin (私の愛)

Opening: Me Against the World-Nightcore

Chapter Six: History

After school, Kensui and Mela went to a shopping mall to find Mela some new clothes.

Harumi, who happened to be in the mall on the same day at the same time, noticed them. What is this about? She wondered. Letting her jealousy get the best of her, she decided to follow them around.

Kensui and Mela went to one of the stores on the first floorand looked around. They were able to find a pair of shoes, some socks, and some undergarments for her. Kensui had to show her the dressing room because the first time she started stripping in the middle of the store.

Harumi was aghast. “How dare that little slut just start undressing right in front of him. For her to do that, they must be closer than cousins.”

"Let's go upstairs," Kensui suggested after Mela had tried on a few garments. "This is more of an apparel store."

"Okay," Mela said.

They walked down the walkway towards the elevator, passing a bookstore, a toy store, and an electronics store with Harumi shadowing them every step of the way.

I’m going to find out what’s going on between them. He’s lying to me. My instincts tell me so and now I’m going to catch them in the act.

Mela and Kensui poked around a little bit in the anime store, looking at the various videos and manga.

"I bet you're wondering how I can afford all of this without a job," Kensui commented.

"Not really. I am given everything I want." Mela looked down. "Of course, being a princess might help with that."

"Most people find it strange how a loafer like me does it. So I figured I’d tell you. My sister gives me an allowance. You should be meeting her soon. She always comes on Wednesdays with food for me. That's her day off."

"It would be a pleasure to meet her."

‘A pleasure to meet her?’ Being cousins, haven’t they ever met before?! It could be possible, but highly unlikely, Harumi thought to herself.

Kensui and Mela got on the elevator. Mela could only stare blankly at the numbers on the panel as Kensui hit the number 2 button. The doors closed and the elevator vibrated as itwent up. A few seconds later, the elevator gave a shudder and stopped.

 "What the hell!" he asked. "Hey! Anyone out there?!" He tried to pry open the doors but they wouldn't budge. "HEY!"

"Is everything okay?" Mela asked.

"No,"Kensui answered. "The elevator's stuck." He opened the elevator panel and pulled out the phone. He lifted the phone to his ear and then dropped it. "What the hell?!"

"What's the matter?" 

"There's no dial tone.”Kensui pressed the red emergency button and nothing happened.

"What does all this mean?"Mela asked, a little frightened.

"It means we're stuck. You got any ideas?”

“Not really. I’m still not too sure how things work in this world.”

Kensui looked around some more and then began digging in his pockets.

“What are you doing?”

“Looking to see if I have anything to pass the time. I get bored easily. Unless you have any ideas?”