Chapter 30

Irene's POV

Today is the day, the day that all of the people are waiting for. It's 8 in the morning at Paris, France. I stare my reflection at the mirror, damn I'm disgustingly beautiful. My eyes went at my face, my face that full of different shades of palette. I can't cry right now, not now. I should be happy because I'm getting married. Shouldn't I? But this is all just a show, it will not last forever.

"Dear?"

My head immediately looked at my mother who's smiling at me but that hint of sadness didn't escape in my eyes. I awkwardly smiled at her, I didn't expect that she'll talk to me knowing that we're not in that good relationship for now.

"M–mom? W–what are you doing here? You should be in the v—"

"It's been awhile since you've called me mom, I've seen you hesitate everytime if you'll call me by that or not..." she said and I don't know what to say because it's true, it's been awhile.

There's a pure silence between us. No one dares to break the tension but I gulped hard as I've heard that word which surprised me but stirred a warm feeling inside me.

"I'm sorry my baby." I slowly looked at her, I always want to heard that word from her. A tear fell in my eyes as I take a sharp breathe.

"I–I always want to hear t–that word f–from you.." I mumbled softly and sobbed.

"I–I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I'll always ask for forgiveness if that's what you want.." she said and I slowly shooked my head as she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"M-mom, it's not what I meant." I sighed. "It's just, it's been awhile since you've called me your baby.." I mumbled and slowly letting my emotions poured out.

"S–since that day, you didn't call me anything. You even can't say my name, like there's a huge wall between us. I t–tried mom, I tried to reach you but I can't because you're too far. I–I'm sorry for what happened to my sister, if only I followed your orders I s—" a warm thing wrap around me that made me stop for talking, a tear fell in my eyes as I felt her hands brushing in my hair while she's humming a familiar sound.

"M-mom, I-I'm sorry.." I cried and buried my head in her shoulder.

"Shh~I should be the one who says that baby. I'm sorry, I hope there's still time for me to make it up to you." mom said and I just let my head rest to her. It felt good, somehow a little heavy thing just gone on my chest.

"Ugh, we shouldn't crying right now." mom chuckled as I chuckled too and smiled at her. She held my face and caressed it.

"If anything goes wrong I'm just right behind you. I'm willing to listen and I'll try to understand what's going on alright?" she said.

"Thank you mom, I love you." I mumbled.

"I love you too baby, by the way you look so beautiful today. Shall we? Your father is waiting outside." she said and I happily accept her hands.

"Just like you mom." I chuckled and we headed outside the hotel and saw my father who's smiling at me. He went outside the car and opened the car's door.

"God, my three lovely ladies." dad huffed out of his breath. As we smiled at him and entered the car.

"You looked so beautiful unnie." Eunbi squealed in the front seat as she sweetly smiled at me.