Chapter 2

Ace's Point of View

Ignoring what is happening, I put on my sports shirt on the way to the grass-fields located at the centre of the school. Standing under one of the giant birch trees that separated the field from the grass was Mr Obb, blindly doing the attendance whilst I was sneaking up to my classmates. His middle and index fingers intertwined as he adjusted his glasses slightly upwards, making it flash under the sunlight. His pupils suddenly locked themselves directly at my face, psychologically killing me with his internal anger.

"Ace Cyclos, or shall I say Cyclos the snail, what leads you to being late for the fifteenth time in a row within a single semester?" He questioned in his nastiest tone, probably exaggerated.

"Says the fellow who can't even win a table tennis match against a 15-year-old. Do you have a problem with me being late? If you follow your schedules, I'd probably come faster because the games start earlier." I replied as I plunged my hands into my pockets.

"Listen Cyclos, if are going to be late again one more time I'll be giving y-" Mr Obb began, but I immediately cut him off with a threat.

"Sir, I don't really care what you give me or do to me," I mocked as I pulled out a fixed-blade knife out of my right pocket. "I only care about enjoying my time."

I giggled maniacally as I lowered my face to the grass, but kept my devilish eyes locked onto Mr Obb, inflicting him with bloodlust. I could see him staggering backwards in fear, which was a rare phenomenon and hit his back against the trunk of the birch tree. He dropped his pen and attendance clipboard as he slowly crossed his arms over his face for protection. The trembling voice slithering out of his lips was a major source of motivation that encouraged me to continue.

"Sir, I can see that you pretend to be fearless every day, but you are secretly a mental weakling." I laughed as I raised my right arm high, aiming the tip of the knife at him.

"Ace what are you doing?!" roared the deep voice of Matthew.

Matthew is a boy who possesses unbelievable comeback skills. Often, students in our year group would give him nicknames that relate to fire, which makes relevance to him being crowned the savage king. The way he backfires his opponents especially his haters even gives people around him seizures simply by listening to his fluent voice. Outside of his roasting career inside the school, he is obsessed with gambling - never has he ever lost in a formal bet against his opponents, and thus I never gamble against him. His only weakness is the lack of ability to control his anger – probably the only method to calm him down is having Stella offering him a cup of tea. But of course, we have developed a friendship over time from being against each other.

"I'll snap off your fingers before that blade leaves your hands!" He announced as he exaggerated his smothering face.

"The blade isn't even in my hand, the handle is." I laughed and winked.

"Well then, I'll stop you right now!" He uttered and put up his fists before him, mimicking a boxer.

"Good luck with that" I answered as I ditched the knife towards Mr Obb on extreme caution and accuracy, plunging the knife through his hair and into the bark of the tree behind.

The class gasped in shock to see my performed accuracy – I could see the teacher's pets staring at me with their grinding teeth and scrunched up face. Some even began crying over the close to death situation while their friends comforted them and pulled out middle fingers at me; before I realised, I was swarmed by fingers. Of course, this was nothing paranormal since I was a lunatic, as well as someone who mocks everyone by creating jokes from their mistakes.