Chapter 11

Stella's point of view

Ever since Professor Zayne's announcement of enabling mana through the boundaries, everyone was thrilled to destroy their opponents with their elemental and base stats. It all made sense now why he disabled mana in the first few days – it was to eliminate those without survival skills as he wanted a group of five overpowering people that can survive under no-mana conditions, just in case if there's a mana barrier.

Farren has used his invisibility base stat to his advantage, creating suspense amongst us as if a raiding party was preparing an assault. Jacob's strength base stat was useful at clearing out obstacles such as boulder-walls and destroying avalanches rolling down the snowy mountains. Calista had led us through and out of the snow-pine tracks through her precognition ability which allowed her to foresee the future of each decision, allowing us to descend down Peak Plateau and ascend up into the Mount Village within the time of one morning without fatal injuries.

"Should we play a friendly card or a threatening card?" Farren questioned as we hid behind a bush, outside of the entrance of the village. "The guards don't seem so friendly; thus, I personally think we should play the threatening card."

"Don't judge a book by its cover," Calista responded calmly. "They might appear tough to intimidate incoming raiders."

"I can just bash them down with my strength," Jacob added. "They will soon beg for mercy and we will steal all their supplies!"

I remained silent as they stared at me, waiting for my opinion.

"Let's go as friendly for now, I'd rather be nice to an enemy than threaten a friend," I concluded before Calista and Jacob looked at me in disappointment.

"Let's go then," Farren announced.

We all crawled out of our hiding spot and approached the entrance gates of the village, trying our best to not be suspicious. Several guards noticed us waiting at the gates and held a controversy before finally greeting us with sharp wooden spears pointing into the sky.

"Good aftern-" Farren began but was immediately cut out by a non-English language.

"Hwafup fvat" The guard at the front interrupted. "Fwa fa hua fla ha?"

My friends looked at him in confusion, until I responded with the advantage of my multilingual ability.

"Hwaup." I answered. "hto fy hry."

"feh hpo fvat fyo ho?" The guard continued, making me uncomfortable from his stares.

"Fvat hpo fow fro hwol." I replied.

The guards made a path between them before one of them held my hand and led me towards the highest camp inside the village. Before I realised, the front guards suddenly blocked the entrance again, disallowing my friends from entering. I turned back and requested them to come with me, but I was rejected. Soon, I arrived in the heart of the camp, where a large cylindrical tent was located, covered in fascinating and colourful patterns.

"fmed hort!" An aggressive voice demanded before I was led into the tent.

I stared at the masculine figure sitting on a stone throne. One of his eyes were white, as it was blinded. His long, dark red hair and beard already sent me chills down the back of my spine. He wasn't wearing a shirt either, but it was indeed hot on this mountain compared to Peak Plateau.

"I was informed that you can speak our language." The figure announced like a daredevil. "You definitely don't seem like one of our people."

I was shocked that he knew I spoke English, yet he could speak so fluently as well.