Chapter 10

Jacob's Point of View

"Life is a sensational experience, yet time passes like a burning candle." I read out in my best flirting accent. "Luck plays an essential role; a win is only possible through a gamble."

Stella giggled beside me – her face was breathtaking.

"But living can be a million times better, under the presence of Stella," I whispered slowly into her ears before she flinched, her face redder than a tomato.

I was just too much of a social elite to be resisted from – Ace, I will be taking your life as you promised in school. Leaning backwards from my sitting position, I stared into the glamourous celestial lights that brought beauty to the night sky. Beneath me, the vast rock surface of Peak Plateau informed by a map that I found inside a chest enabled a magnificent view within the deathmatch boundaries. Surrounding me, rested other colossal mountains within the Varalt Ranges. A chilling breeze brushed past me as the clouds underneath accelerated in speed - this was the perfect opportunity for my confession.

"Isn't life just wonderful." I began in my most relaxed voice. "I wish I could be here for the rest of my life, enjoying nature with you, Stella."

"It is indeed a great experience to be here." Stella responded before turning her face towards me.

"The moonlight is Stella, gentle like an angel." I continued. "Your words enchant my heart, like moonlight piercing through the dark clouds."

She giggled before turning her face back and stared at the moon, smiling like always.

"Stella." I confronted with boldness, holding back the immense fear. "I lov-"

Suddenly, a snowball exploded against the back of my face, cutting me out on the moment I had waited for all my life. Gulping my anger down, I immediately stood up and examined the direction of the source, only to be met by Farren and Calista who were laughed like suffocating gas tanks before collapsing onto the ground.

"W-we gotch-cha!" Farren spatted out, kicking his legs as if he had a seizure. "Tha-at was just too m-much of a quality content!"

"Can't believe we didn't get that on camera!!" Calista added before simultaneously bashing her fists on the ground.

I clutched my fingers tightly, compressing each atom of oxygen, before dashing to a nearby pine tree and punching its trunk to relieve my anger and depression

"What's going on here?" Stella questioned, seemingly extremely curious of the presence of us being three wild primates, outrageous in the open.

Luna's point of view

"Blood," I whispered in despair. "There was nothing that I could do but to manipulate everyone's blood to kill them."

Looking down at the piles of dead tributes that I drained blood from, some with detached limbs and some with decaying flesh – it was just gruesome.

"Thank god you didn't kill me from that!" Valerie muttered under her heavy breathes. "How on earth did you manage to cast such a spell when Professor Zayne disabled the mana field?! How did you get so powerful in the first place?!"

I knew the biological algorithm behind these supernatural powers. It just meant my parents were powerful.

"Who knows," I replied before disappearing into the shadows of the endless pine forest.