Chapter 10

Ashton's p.o.v

Well my life was officially over. Once Luke's family left my parents took the brochure from the principal. I was being sent home for the day. The second we got into the car they started screaming at me. I just ignored it because I knew the second I got home Joe would hurt me. We walked through the door and they told me to sit on the couch.

Mom: You are grounded. No phone, tv, friends and you are forbidden from seeing Luke!

Ashton: Why am I being grounded? I did nothing wrong.

Mom: Just tell me Ashton. I am the one who raised you. Where did I screw up?

Ashton: What the actual fuck? There is nothing wrong with being gay. Plus you can't stop me from seeing my boyfriend.

Joe: Oh trust me I can.

Mom: Anyway I have to go back to work so bye.

My mom left and I knew what was coming next. My dad grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall. He started choking me. I tried to get out of his grasp but I couldn't. He stopped and pushed me to the floor. He then started punching and kicking me repeatedly This went on for about 20 minutes.

Joe: I am signing you up for that camp. You will be going July 1st to August 30th.

Ashton: You are not even my dad so why don't you just do us all a favor and leave!

Joe: I might not be your dad but I have 2 other kids and a wife in this house! You should be the one leaving!

Ashton: I would but I'm grounded!

I got up and walked to my room. I didn't know what I was going to do. I don't want to go to that camp. It's not like it would actually work anyway. All I know is I need to get out of here.