Chapter 17

Ashton's p.o.v

Today was December 31st. It has been 5 months exactly since Luke and I moved to London. After about a month I was able to get a job at kfc. It was in the food court of the mall that Luke works at. School has been going good so far. Luke and I are in grade 11. We have made a few new friends at our new school. We hang out with 2 people the most though. Their names are Liam and Zayn. Tonight a friend of Zayn's was hosting a party. Luke's aunt didn't let us go a first but we convinced her enough to let us. Right now I was at work. We are only staying open until 6 since it is New Year's Eve. I had half an hour of my shift left. I was told to start sweeping the lobby so I grabbed the broom and dustpan from the kitchen. I wish I could work with Luke. kfc kind of sucks. My boss is a jerk. At least he is not working today. Once I finished sweeping I took a few people's orders and helped make the food. Once it was 6 we locked the doors. It was just me, my assistant manager and another girl I work with left. After finishing all the cleaning we were given food that was about to go bad. I thanked my assistant manager and left. Once I got out of the mall I sat down on a bench. A few minutes went by and Luke's aunt was here to pick me up. I got in the car and we drove home. Once we got home we ate dinner. The party starts at 10 so we have about 3 hours until we need to leave. Whoever is hosting this party rented out an airbnb. There is going to be a lot of people there. Since our friends are friends with this person we are 2 out of the 20 people who are allowed to sleep over. We grabbed my backpack and put out change of clothes, pj's and phone charger wallets in it.

Michael's p.o.v

Today was New Year's Eve. I was really nervous. Tonight I was going to Calum how I feel. When Calum first moved here he said I was hot and wanted to have sex with me. I told him I wasn't gay. I didn't have feeling for him and he just wanted to have sex with me nothing beyond that. After Luke and Ashton left Calum got a few new friends and started hanging out with me less. I felt lonely. I mean Luke and Ashton were my only other friends and they are in a different country. Every time I hang out with Calum I feel weird. In a good kind way. I want to tell Calum how I feel. But what if he only wants me for the sex and doesn't actually have feelings for me? I'm just going to kiss him at midnight and see how it goes.

Luke's p.o.v

It was 9:30 and we were being picked up by one of our friends. We said goodbye to my aunt and cousins. Before we could leave we got a lecture on drugs and alcohol. 

Luke: I promise we won't do drugs but I can't say anything about drinking.

Aunt: Fine just please stay safe. Also remember protection!

Ashton: Ok I think that is our cue to leave.

Aunt: Fave fun!

We left the house and got into the car and drove to the party. When we got there people were already starting to arrive. It's a good thing that this place is secluded because you could hear the music down the road. When we got inside we were shown which room we were sleeping in. It was huge. We set out backpack down on the queen sized bed and then got the key for the room. It's a good thing that we are able to lock it because we have our wallets in here and we don't want drunk people having sex where we are sleeping. Once we locked the door I gave the key to Ashton to hold onto. Once we found our friends we made our way to the kitchen to get drinks. There was about 50 people here so far and more were coming. We went to the dance floor and danced. I felt awkward cause I couldn't dance to save my life. Ashton was really good though. Throughout the night we danced and drank a lot. The host made this photo wall and hired a photographer so we were all taking group and couple pictures. It was 11 and everyone was now drunk. Ashton wanted to do a karaoke duet with me. I agreed and we went up to the front of the house where it was being set up.

Luke: What song babe?

Ashton: I don't know. I think it just picks a random song so we get what we get.

Luke: Ok.

We figured out that we were singing Lover by Taylor Swift. I was hoping for a faster upbeat song but Ashton likes it so it is fine. The music started and we sang. I loved hearing his voice. Ashton doesn't usually like singing that much but he's drunk. When we finished we went back into the crowd and partied more. when it was 11:55 everyone went to a big room in the house with projectors playing off of the tv. When it was time we counted down.

Everyone: Happy New Years!

I turned around to face Ashton and we started kissing. About half an hour later everyone except for the 20 who were staying went home. We decided to help by cleaning up one of the rooms. When we finished everyone gathered in the living room. Someone wanted to play spin the bottle. Ash and I sat out on the game because we didn't want to kiss other people. Once it was around 1:30 everyone decided to go to bed.