Chapter 20

(10 years later)

Luke's p.o.v

A lot has happened in the last 10 years. We stayed with my aunt until we graduated high school. We then went to university. I wanted to be a music teacher. Ashton wanted to do something in real estate. After we both graduated we moved to Newcastle instead of staying in London. We were both able to find jobs. I teach music at an elementary school and Ashton is a real estate salesperson. 3 years later I proposed. He said yes obviously. We got married the same year. I decided to take his last name. After we got married we looked into adoption. Over the last few years we have adopted 4 kids. They are now 16, 13, 7 and 4. Michael and Calum were going to stay in Australia but then decided to also move to Newcastle. We are neighbors which is awesome. Michael is a video game designer and Calum has his degree in law. He had a job as a lawyer but he is a stay at home dad for now. They have 3 kids. They asked Mali to be a surrogate. They have a 7, 3 and 1 year old. I was sitting down at my desk going through my song book. Back then in high school I wanted to join a band and tour the world. It would be cool but it won't happen. I have my husband, kids, friends, and job and I wouldn't change a thing. Anyway what I was saying before was that I was going through my songbook to look at my old songs. I was flipping through the book until I saw a song that was familiar. It was called Never Be. I made if for Ashton and sang it to him before we left Sydney. I grabbed my guitar and tuned it. I hope I still remember the chords. I started playing and singing along. A few minutes later the door to my room opened.

Ashton: What are you doing babe?

Luke: I was going through my songbook and found the song I made for you 10 years ago.

Ashton: That's still my favourite song to this day.

Luke: Thanks babe.

Ashton: The kids wanted to watch a movie so I came to get you.

Luke: I'll make the popcorn.

I walked to the kitchen to make the popcorn. I also decided to make hot chocolate for everyone since it was cold. I made my way to the living room to set the food and drinks down.

Ashton: The kids decided on Toy Story.

Luke: Ok. We all sat down on the couch to watch the movie. I loved spending time with them and we try to do it as often as we can.

Ashton: Hey it will be our 5 year anniversary in a week.

Luke: I'm excited.

Ashton: What do you mean by that?

Luke: You'll have to wait and see.

Ashton: I love you!

Luke: I love you too!