Chapter 16

Luke's p.o.v

My alarm went off which meant it was 8:30 AM. I was excited. Today I am starting my new job. I got up from bed trying my best not to wake Ashton. He was a heavy sleeper so my alarm clock didn't wake him up. I went to my closet and picked our what I was going to wear. I decided on black skinny jeans and my Nirvana shirt. Once I was dressed I saw that Ashton was waking up. We went downstairs and I started to make breakfast. My Aunt is at work so I made breakfast for Austin and Brynley and Ashton. We sat down at the table once I finished cooking we ate. Since my aunt was already at work I was going to have to take a bus to work. There is a bus stop down the street from us so I will need to leave at 10:20. After breakfast we cleaned up and watched tv. When it was time for me to go Ashton walked with me down to the bus stop. When the bus came I kissed him and got on. It was 10:30 and the bus ride was only going to be about 15 minutes. I just wanted to show up to work a bit early. I found a seat and sat down. When the bus finally got to the mall I got off and walked inside. I walked into the store and saw Jesse along with 2 other people.

Jesse: Hi Luke so today you will be following Kaylee around. She will be first showing you around the store and then she will show you what you have to do and how things work around here. 

Kaylee: Why can't Tyler do that?

Jesse: Tyler and I have to go put away the shipment we just got in.

Kaylee: Yeah whatever.

Jesse and the guy who I assumed to be Tyler disappeared into the back room. 

Kaylee: So I guess I have to show you around. Well over here is band merch. We sell t shirts, braclets, hats and more stuff. We then have posters on this wall. Then on the other side is where we have all the music. We have a cd section and then a vinyl section. Over here are the cash registers. You can just watch me when I ring up customers today. Anyway while we have no customers I will show you the back room.

We walked into the back room. I saw Jesse and Tyler moving and opening boxes. Kaylee showed me where we store everything. She then grabbed a tagging gun.

Kaylee: So we have 5 boxes of cds that came in yesterday that we still need to tag. We have a binder that list everything we sell and how much we sell it for. While you label these I am going to be standing behind the register.

Luke: Ok.

Kaylee: Great now come get me when you are done.

I took the boxes and started going though them. I then opened the binder and started searching for the prices. For half an hour I labeled the albums. I'm not sure if it was supposed to take this long or if I was just being slow. The binder isn't organized well so it is hard to find each item.

Tyler: Luke what are you doing?

Luke: Labeling these cds that Kaylee asked me to label.

Tyler: I'll be right back.

A few seconds later Tyler came back with Jesse.

Jesse: Luke we have all of our inventory on a tablet. Kaylee is just making you d it the old way so she doesn't have to train you. 

Luke: Oh why did she do that?

Tyler: Cause she's a bitch.

Jesse: Anyway we finished inventory so I will show you everything else.

Jesse took me over to the cash register and showed me how to ring up customers. We then started to get a little bit of a rush. I rang out a few people while Jesse stood beside me to make sure I was doing it right. 

**********************************************************

It was 2:00 and Jesse said I could go home. He showed me where they keep the schedule so I took a picture of it. I didn't have many hours since I was only in training. I said goodbye to everyone and then left. I waited for the bus and got on. In about 15 minutes I was home. I walked through the front door and saw Ashton watching tv.

Ashton: How did it go babe?

Luke: Well aside from one coworker that seems to not like me it went pretty well.

Ashton: That's good.

Luke: Did you have lunch yet?

Ashton: No.

Luke: Ok well I'm getting us pizza.

Ashton: Ok.

My aunt left us money for pizza since she didn't know what time I would be off work and she works late. I asked my cousins what they wanted on their pizza and then ordered. I ordered a cheese and a meatlovers pizza. They said they would be about half an hour. I hung up and then watched tv with Ashton while we waited. When the pizza got here we paid and then ate.