Chapter 5

Luke's p.o.v

We were in music class right now. The teacher said we were starting something new today. I grabbed my guitar and sat down.

Teacher: So today we start your next assignment. You will be writing a song and performing it. You can do it by yourself or in a group. Since next week is March Break you have the rest of this week and then the week after we come back. Anyway you can get started now.

We all got up and moved around to make our groups. Ashton, Calum, Michael and I already knew we were going to work together.

Michael: So how the fuck do we write a song?

Ashton: Luke you have written songs before and they sound pretty good. How did you do it.

Luke: Um I don't know. The idea just kind of comes to me and then I write about it.

Calum: Let's hang out after school and see if we can write something.

Michael: Sure. Who's house?

Luke: We can go to my house. My parents won't be there until 5:30.

Ashton: Ok.

The bell rang which meant it was time to go home. Since Calum has no idea where I live Michael was going to take him to my house. We went to our lockers and grabbed out stuff. Ashton and I got onto the bus and went home. When the bus dropped us off at our stop we walked to my house. I unlocked the door and we went to the living room.

Luke: I'm gonna get stuff to get ready.

Ashton: Ok do you need help?

Luke: It will only take a minute. I'll be back. 

I ran up the stairs to my room. I was writing a song earlier but I am not going to share it with them for the assignment. It is a song for Ashton. I only have the first verse written. It is called Never Be. I grabbed paper and a few pencils before heading back downstairs. I knew Michael would be hungry so I then went to the kitchen to grab snacks. I came back to the couch and cuddled with Ashton until they got here. When they arrived we sat down and started thinking of ideas.

Michael: Alright all of this thinking is making me hungry.

Calum: It has been 5 minutes.

Ashton: Good thing Luke has snacks. 

We passed around the chips and then when Michael finished consuming half of the bag we go back to songwriting. We spent half an hour and came up with only one thing. It was called Social Casualty. Calum came up with the chorus. We decided to take a break so we went to my room and played on my x box until my parents got home.

Liz: Hi. Will you guys be staying over for supper?

Michael: I actually have to go. My grandma is coming over for supper so I have to be there.

Calum: I can stay.

Liz: Ok what about you Ashton?

Ashton: I don't think my mom would mind if I stayed over.

Liz: Great! Well if you guys need anything I will be in the kitchen.

Luke: Ok thanks mom.

Michael: Well I will see you guys later.

We walked Michael to the door and said goodbye to him. We then walked into the kitchen to see if my mom needed any help.

Luke: Need help with anything mom?

Liz: If you could set the table that would be great!

Luke: Ok. We grabbed everything we needed and headed to the dining room. We set the table and then heard the front door open. It was just my dad coming home from work. He said hi to us and then went to his room. 

Liz: Supper will be ready in 5 minutes!

We sat around the table while my mom finished cooking. My dad eventually came out to join us. When everything was ready my mom prayed and we ate.

Andrew: So Calum how are you liking it in Sydney so far?

Calum: Sydney is great. I'm just happy that I made friends fast.

Liz: That's good to hear. Where did your family move from again?

Calum: New Zealand.

Andrew: Will we be seeing your family again at church this Sunday.

Calum: Yeah. My mom is making us go.

Liz: Making you go?

Calum: Well yeah. Church just isn't my thing ya know?

Andrew: Well um ok. Ashton how is your family doing?

Ashton: Good. 

Liz: So Calum there are plenty of girls in this town? Have you found any you like yet?

Calum: Well actually I am gay. There is a guy I like though.

Andrew: You are gay?

Calum: Yep. Have a problem with that?

Liz: Being gay is a sin but don't worry god will forgive you.

After supper was over and everyone left my parents were still talking about Calum. It was pissing me off. It's not like they can stop me from being his friend. I wonder how they would react if they found out that I was gay and that Ashton is my boyfriend. I would probably be disowned. I went to my room and grabbed my backpack. I had homework from my business class. It took me about half an hour to do it. Once I finished I played video games until I went to bed.