Chapter 12

Luke's p.o.v

It's been 2 weeks since I thought about Ashton and I running away. I haven't asked him yet. I got a job at a music store in town. I work a lot of hours but the pay isn't the best but it was the only place that would hire me. I have 2 months which will hopefully give me enough money to buy 2 plane tickets to London. The reason I picked London is because my aunt lives there. She is my moms sister. I told her everything. She wanted to pay for the plane tickets but she can't. I decided that I was going to ask Ashton today. He was sneaking out and we were going on a date. We were going to go back to the park so that we could be alone. When I saw him climbing down his window I told my mom I was going out and left the house. We walked together holding hands to the park. Once we got there we sat down on the ground.

Ashton: Babe what was it that you wanted to tell me?

Luke: So I know everything I am about to say sounds fucking crazy. I think we should run away. I have family in London. This way you can get away from your mom and Joe. That way he can't hurt you anymore. I have a job now and am saving up for 2 plane tickets.

Ashton: Let's do it!

Luke: Really?

Ashton: Yes Luke. All I ever wanted was to get away from Joe. It's even better that I'm doing it with you. When would we going?

Luke: June 30th. We will get your stuff from the house while your parents are at work. When they come home we will be either at the airport or on the plane.

Ashton: When are we going to tell Michael and Calum?

Luke: I don't know. I mean we are probably going to tell them. 

Ashton: Are you going to tell your parents that we are leaving?

Luke: I'm debating it. If I tell them that I am going they will try to convince me not to go. It wouldn't work obviously but I don't want them to tell your parents our plan either.

Ashton: Ok.

Luke: When we get to London I will hopefully be able to get a job at another music store. At this point I don't care what I have to do to get us money.

Ashton: I'll defiantly be looking for a job too. Plus I want to be able to help out your family with the bills since we will be making things more expensive.

Luke: I should be able to buy the plane tickets either by the end of the month or the beginning of next month.

After we finished talking about the plane tickets we continued our date. Ashton's mom finally realized that he sneaked out so she was calling him. He answered and talked to her. He then said that he had to go home. We got up from the ground and walked back to our houses. I kissed him and walked inside my house. Nobody was home. My parents were out with the Ward's. I got a text from Michael. He was bored and wanted to play video games. I said I would go to his house. When I got to his house I rang the doorbell. He answered and let me in. We walked through the kitchen to get to his room. His mom was in the kitchen cooking. 

Karen: Oh hi Luke! Will you be staying for supper?

Luke: If that is alright with you.

Karen: Of course it is!

We went to Michael's room and closed the door. 

Michael: So how was your date?

Luke: It was good until Ashton's mom called him. He sneaked out so she was pissed.

Michael: That sucks.

Luke: I have to tell you something?

Michael: What is it?

Luke: At the end of the summer Ash and I are running away to London.

Michael: Why?

Luke: Well don't tell Ashton I told you but his step dad is an abusive homophobic asshole. He hits him. It has been going on for a while and when I found out Ashton made me promise not to tell the police. We want to stay in Sydney but if we do they will find him and make him go back. I don't have any other family in Australia. The closest family I have is my aunt and cousins in London.

Michael: What are you going to tell your parents. I mean because Ashton is running away and I think for you it would be considered just moving out?

Luke: I am not going to tell them until the day we leave. I don't want them to tell Ashton's family.

Michael: Ok. Well I'm gonna miss you.

Luke: I am going to miss you too. 

Michael turned on the x box and we played call of duty. Eventually his mom called us down for supper. We walked to the dining room and sat down at the table. I waited to see what Karen cooked. She made chicken casserole. It looked really good. We ate supper and then I offered to help her with dishes since we all knew Michael wasn't going to help. After the dishes were done Michael and I played more video games before I had to go home.