Chapter 15

Luke's p.o.v

It has been a week since we moved to London. So far it has been going great. Since we will be going into grade 11 we had to transfer schools. At least it is just the beginning of summer. I have handed out a few resumes but haven't heard anything back yet. Calum and Michael were keeping us updated with things back in Australia. Apparently Ashton's parents just accepted that Ashton is gone and are not doing anything to try and find him. It is good news to us because that is what Ashton wanted to happen. My parents are not taking it so well. They think I just abandoned them and don't care about their feelings. Ashton and I were walking around London with my cousins. My aunt suggested that they show us around. It was lunch time so we stopped at an cafe. We bought our food and then sat down at a table. I saw that the cafe had free wifi so I decided to use it. When I turned on the wifi I got a notification from my gmail. It was from that music store in the mall called For The Record that I applied to. They wanted me to come in the next day for an interview.

Luke: Ashton! I have a job interview tomorrow at one of the stores that I applied to.

Ashton: That's great babe!

Luke: Hopefully I get the job.

Ashton: You will get it!

After lunch we went back to the house. We walked to our room and Ashton helped me pick out an outfit to wear tomorrow. 

**************************************************************************

Ashton's p.o.v

It was the next day and Luke's job interview was in an hour. He was getting ready. He was really nervous. He knows he needs the job and is worried about not being good enough to get it. He came downstairs once he was dressed and he had me go over his resume for what seemed like the 100th time. 

Ashton: Luke you have nothing to be worried about. Your resume looks fine. You have done a job interview before so you know what to expect.

Luke: I know. It's just that if they don't hire me then we are going to be out of money soon. I knew before coming here my aunt doesn't have the money to pay for everything. I'm just worried that if I don't get the job that will put more stress on her.

Ashton: I'll start looking for a job soon to help out.

Luke: Ok.

Aunt: I'm taking Brynley to a friends house before I take you to your interview so we need to leave now.

Luke: I'll be in the car in 2 minutes.

Luke went back to our room to get his resume. I followed him upstairs. I kissed him and reassured him that he would be fine.

Ashton: Well good luck babe.

Luke: Thanks.

Luke's p.o.v

I got into the car and we dropped Brynley off at her friends house. We then drove to the mall where the record shop was. I got out of the car and walked into the mall. I found the record shop and walked in. I saw Jesse who was the owner of the store. 

Jesse: Hi Luke. Just follow me.

I followed Jesse to what seemed to be his office. We sat down and I handed him my resume.

Jesse: So I see that you worked at another record shop back in Australia?

Luke: Yes. I worked there for 2 months before moving to London.

Jesse: Ok so you basically know everything already your hired!

Luke: Thank you!

Jesse: Can you start tomorrow?

Luke: Yes. What is the uniform?

Jesse: Oh. Just black pants and whatever shirt you want. It can be a band tee. After all we are a music store. Anyway I will give you a full tour of the store tomorrow. at 11.

Luke: Ok.

I walked out of the store and got back into my aunt's car.

Aunt: Well how did it go?

Luke: I got the job! I start tomorrow at 11.

Aunt: That's great Luke!

We drove home and then I told Ashton the good news. 

Ashton: See I know you would get it babe!