Chapter 9

(Y/N), Jay and Tim wandered around the forest aimlessly, even stumbling across the tunnel by accident. They found nothing... Not a single clue, no speck of blood and no faceless demons. The only thing that really bothered (Y/N) was Tim. He seemed distant, like he was thinking about something troubling. Keeping a secret from the group.

Jay knew a lot about Marble Hornets explaining some stuff to her while they were following the dirt trails. (Y/N) was still skeptical about all of the things he was claiming to be true but tried to keep an open mind. They did both look really effected by whatever was happening so either it was real or they were just really good actors.

As a cop (Y/N) dealt with a lot of liars. She could kinda tell which ones were the liars by their appearance. In her books Jay and Tim didn't look like the typical liars. But anyone can be a rat.

The sun was setting slowly and the group had just made it back to the parked cars. The white blue police car stood out tremendously even making a loud honking noise as she unlocked it.

"I told you everything I know detective. If I were you I would stay out of it." Jay quickly told her before entering his silver car. "Anyways stay safe." He smiled at her entering his car completely waving Tim goodbye before driving off.
Tim just started smoking another one of his cigarettes waving his friend goodbye heading to his own vehicle.

"Do you really think this stuff is dangerous for me?" (Y/N) asked out of the blue catching Tims attention.
Thinking about her question he turned towards her. The smoke of his cigar blew over his head elegantly illuminated by the dim traffic lights.
Slowly he walked over to her throwing his burnt cigarette too the ground. "I don't know... I don't know anything." Tim mumbled some smoke still escaping his mouth.

(Y/N) just kinda started to stare into his hooded tired eyes, him doing the same. It almost felt like the last time they did this. The same feeling of helplessness in his eyes. He wanted to tell her something, tell the world something. Maybe he felt guilty about it? She understood the feeling of helplessness and she wanted to help. Embrace him in a loving hug, the same hug her father would give her when she felt helpless. But she did nothing, just a comfortable silence surrounded the two almost resembling an embrace.

Building a relationship on creepily staring at each other. What a weird way to form a bond between two people. But it worked and quite well.
Slowly (Y/N) started to look away and towards the open police car. "I should probably go... I have another building I have to visit before I bring the car back. Martin's working longer today so I have time."

Tim nodded understandably looking over to his own car. "I'm just gonna head home," digging through his back pocket he brought out his car keys, "You know what, come over anytime you need help. My doors always open." Tim offered kindly unlocking his car as well.

"Thanks for the flattering offer. I'll definitely come by. Have a good night Tim." (Y/N) smiled widely watching him slowly enter his car. He smiled back as well, "Good night (Y/N)." After that he drove off leaving her alone in the dark parking lot.

Her time was running out so she hurriedly entered the car. She was also afraid to be alone in the dark but she would never admit that.

Quickly driving out of the parking lot she headed in the opposite direction of home heading a bit out of town. The drive was short and quick not taking long until she spotted a three story building. It was well lit and modern with a fancy new parking lot. Parking her car in her favorite spot next to the dumpster a bit off to the side. Having a police car makes you really noticeable and she didn't want to be recognized in front of a nursing home.

She didn't exit the car immediately taking a few deep breaths gathering enough courage to meet her dad. Her father was her greatest love and she could never be
afraid of him. She was just afraid of seeing him in the condition he was now.