9. Ordeal

That morning, Jihyo joined the members for their activities. Although she is still mentally not ready to face the fans, she had no choice but to work her best alongside her members. They have an interview and a showcase for the new product endorsement they will be launching. JYP staff clearly asked the reporters not to ask anything personal from the girls but as expected, not all will follow the rules;

"Jihyo-ssi, is it true that BTS Suga came to visit you before he caught in an accident?"

"I'm sorry, again we will request everyone not to ask Twice about unrelated topics."   --JYP staff

The media started talking all at once with clearly divided opinions;

"Oh, about the news it was said that no one has been hurt severely but BTS Suga have to pay for all the damages, is it true?"

"Please, if any more of you will insist asking unrelated topics we will ask that person to leave at once."   --JYP staff

Another hushed voices resounds in the room making all the girls uncomfortable.

"Everyone, I understand your curiosity about the situation. However, I am begging you to please respect the purpose of today's interview. We are supposed to talk about the brand we are endorsing and it is really shameful for the brand company if we will not fulfill today's agenda. (Jihyo stands up to bow 90 degrees) Please, I'm begging all of you."

The media quieted after Jihyo's sincere request. She remained bowing until Nayeon came to her side asking her to stop. Jihyo met her eyes and shake her head, no. Tears are threatening to fall but the leader is trying her might to look stronger. Nayeon sighed in defeat but didn't backed down, instead she joined Jihyo.

"Please, we are asking all of you to understand."

Nayeon bowed 90 degrees next to Jihyo while holding each other's hands. Jeongyeon raised to her chair to do the same next to Nayeon and Momo too next to Jihyo. Sana, Chaeyeong, Dahyun and Tzuyu did exactly the same right after the members, shocking all the people in the conference room. JYP staff are also doing the same alongside the artists. 

"Alright, alright... we were sorry."

The most senior reporter announced condemning the juniors to be responsible with their interviews and questions. They have asked Twice to remain seated and to restart the program, this time without asking off topics. Although a bit anxious, the girls go back to their seat after thanking everyone for their cooperation. The interview went well although it wasn't entirely comfortable. At back stage, Jihyo let her tears came out as she struggles to keep it all together. Instead of receiving the girls comfort, she wished them to give her a moment. She silently cried alone in one of the corners of the room. Everyone packed their stuff quietly and readied to leave waiting for Jihyo. They all knew how hard it is for their leader so they will do the best they can to help her out. 

~~~~~

After a week, Suga finally able to discharge from the hospital. During his stay, Jihyo have no chance of visiting him. Most of the time it is Taehyung who informs him of Twice's whereabouts. Jackson also told Rapmon that Twice is banned to use their phones for the time being. They do not have rest day too per se. Normally, they will have at least half a day each week to spend however they want but at the moment, the girls were summoned in JYP to practice or simply spend the time in the building or just stay at home. Their managers are asked to accompany them 24/7 to report whatever the girls are doing.