Chapter 41

Nalia's POV"Ms

                       Nalia's POV
"Ms. Chen, you have a guest, she's coming in right now," My secretary tells me through the intercom.

The double doors open and Granny walks in like she's on a runway show.

"Child, you have got to help your granny with the wedding planning. I'm hopeless here" She sat down elegantly crossing her legs.

"I will granny, I'll find you the best planners out there and you'll be slightly released from the stress" I said making her smile in content.

"So, I heard you took Diamond in, a few months ago. Where is she now?" Granny asked placing a fist under her chin.

I look up from the papers on my desk.

"Oh, she's back at her parents home," I tell her looking back down continuing what I was doing.

"I thought she was staying with you?" I sighed resting my back on the leather desk chair.

"Diamond stole from me that's why I sent her back to where she belonged." I gritted out already over the direction this conversation is going.

"I knew she couldn't be trusted" She whispered to herself.

"Granny, who told you about this," I asked her perplexedly.

"I kept tabs on you, and before you tell, it's me it's all for good reasons. I wanted to know if you were safe that's why" I nod my head before sitting back up to finish up these documents.

My cellphone rings, I look over at the screen and it's an unknown number.

I usually don't answer these kinds of calls but something in me told me to pick it up.

"Child, it's ringing" Granny voices out gesturing to my phone.

I wrapped my fingers around the phone, slid the answer button across the screen and placed it on my ear.

"Oh thank God!" Immediately I recognized the voice.

"Please, please don't hang up" Just as I was about to pull the cellphone away from my ear Diamond's beseeching tone stopped me.

"What do you want? I thought I told you I never want to hear from you again. Huh?" I gritted through my clenched teeth.

Granny sat up from the couch walking in front of my desk.

"Who is it?" She mouthed and I used my left hand to write 'Diamond' on a post-it note.

Granny nods her head going back to where she previously sat.

"Nalia, I know I'm one of the last people you want to hear from but Dad had a car accident last night and he's in a coma" Diamond informs with her voice cracking almost like she wanted to cry.

Although, I don't care much for them anymore they're still my blood relatives.

"What hospital is he at?" I asked her keeping my tone leveled.