I Get A Quest

Piper

"Um guys I'll meet you at the house a little later ."

I walk up to the big house to find Rachel on the front porch playing pinochle with Chiron .

"Hi Rachel ,sorry to interrupt but , can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure ."

"So what is it ."

"I need to ask you a question ."

"Ask and I shall answer ."

"Who will my companions be ?"

Her eyes begin to glow and then she says in a voice that is not hers but the spirit of the oracle .

"Seven hero's will travel west .
To find the god who took the rest .
Only by wisdom shall they prevail .
On the solstice one shall fail .
To save the gods .
A hero made .
One will watch the gods fade .
Only the bravest save ."

"What did I say ?"

I told her everything .

"Well... looks like we have a new ,quest on our hands ."

"Yeah I guess we do ."

I ran back to the house to tell them the news.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Tell Chiron we need a quest !"Annabeth says .

" Whoa .We decided to retire Annabeth remember? That means no more quests ."Percy says his hand on her shoulder.

"But our parents need us to help them !How could you !" Annabeth and Percy have kind of hit a rough patch in there marriage .She wants a kid he doesn't .I know what it feels like.

"How could I how could you ." they storm off in different directions .

"I'll go talk to her ." I say .

"I'll take Percy ." Jason says .Since Grover and Juniper left camp for a couples retreat him and Percy have become best friends .

I find Annabeth crying in the Athena cabin muttering something about Percy and why she should have joined the hunters of Artemis.

"Annabeth ."

"Go away Percy !" she throws a pillow at me and I dodge it before it hits my face .

"Do I really sound like Percy ?"

"Sorry Piper."

"Its okay .What's wrong ?"

"Percy doesn't want to go on quests .He says I always get hurt or taken or make us both fall into hell ."

"He just doesn't want to lose you .I mean would you want to lose him ?"

"Well..."

"Annabeth I'm serious ."

"No.. I wouldn't ."

"Take that and apply the fact that you almost died !"

"Yeah ."

"Come on .Let's go talk to the boys."